Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-16, 09:44 PM  
bfit

Wow, I find surrenders are almost impossible to do much less this one. I'm 59 so I guess that's my excuse.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 02:46 PM  
MARIKA

o.k I was shocked this move showed up in the first week. I've done similar and use a folded mat too so It's doable for me. This is one kick ass set I must say and I'm not done with the first week.
Old 09-28-16, 09:41 PM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
o.k I was shocked this move showed up in the first week. I've done similar and use a folded mat too so It's doable for me. This is one kick ass set I must say and I'm not done with the first week.
I said the same thing when I did the first time last august when I came out.

We had a check in and remember posting something about it kicking my ass. I fell on my ass a few times. The first few times I did was body weight only. I tried the first wokrotu with like 8's and had to throw them down LOL I couldn't do it -so freaking hard.

I finally made up to like 15's. Not super heavy but it felt like an accomplishment

Still think its a kick ass good workout. Stick with it! Its a great system
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:55 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

There are so many things I don't like about EBE2. "Mama!!!" Ingrid yells the whole time and it's mostly irrelevant. "Mama!!!" Very few exercise descriptions or form pointers for all that yakking. The costumes are too skimpy. "Mama!!!" The music is blah. The warm-up is useless to me. "Mama!!!" I'd never do her cardio. I have no interest in the Nutrition Program part.

Yet, with all that being said, I really like the Glute workout. It has many exercises that I enjoy and find beneficial. Firewalkers are great. I love weighted glute raises. They are easier on my knees and good for bone mass in the hip area.

So, I will do this workout with the volume turned off.

"Mama!!!"

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 10:06 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
There are so many things I don't like about EBE2. "Mama!!!" Ingrid yells the whole time and it's mostly irrelevant. "Mama!!!" Very few exercise descriptions or form pointers for all that yakking. The costumes are too skimpy. "Mama!!!" The music is blah. The warm-up is useless to me. "Mama!!!" I'd never do her cardio. I have no interest in the Nutrition Program part.

Yet, with all that being said, I really like the Glute workout. It has many exercises that I enjoy and find beneficial. Firewalkers are great. I love weighted glute raises. They are easier on my knees and good for bone mass in the hip area.

"Mama!!!"
(*snort*) I tried one of the shorter Edge Booty Extreme workouts and felt the same. Ingrid was too loud and talky, not enough form pointers, music irrelevant and verging on annoying, rep count uneven, Ingrid underdressed...but the workout itself was good.
Old 09-29-16, 03:40 PM  
desie

So, um, what would be a close substitute for the lower body workouts? Is there a list of the exercises? I did like the preview workout clips for both Edge 1 and Edge 2, but I think probably I would go at my own pace with a less grueling version.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 07:53 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

That is my favorite move as well. I always loved that.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 08:53 AM  
desertMermaid

Quote:

"Mama!!!"
That is usually how i workout, especially in the am when DH is still asleep. Kind of awkward when im trying to do dance workouts. Lol. I didn't buy this set during the sale and am really regretting it now. I have yet to read a negative post on the set.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 10:08 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
That is usually how i workout, especially in the am when DH is still asleep. Kind of awkward when im trying to do dance workouts. Lol. I didn't buy this set during the sale and am really regretting it now. I have yet to read a negative post on the set.
LOL, I thought most of my post was negative. I only like one workout and have to turn the volume off on that one.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 10:45 AM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
LOL, I thought most of my post was negative. I only like one workout and have to turn the volume off on that one.
Yeah but you buy it for the Glute program. Warm up being not good and the 1 cardio workout not being great, not such a deal breaker. I still felt it was positive. But is it only one workout you like?
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dangerous exercises, ebe2, edge booty extreme 2, ingrid romero, knees