Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-16, 05:14 PM  
Aurora C.

Edge Booty Extreme...

Which is better, 1 or 2? How do they compare?

...and when did DVDs get so pricey? $56.99 for 1 and $89 for 2 on Amazon? ...are they pressed on solid gold?
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 10:54 AM  
jusca

I don't have either one of these dvds although I do want.both. Vol 2 is an overall better deal in my opinion as you get nearly 5 hours of workouts and a few extra guides and private group support. I'd say that the prrice for Vol 2 is reasonable. It's about the same cost as any Beachbody program with similar amounts of content. I can understand why Vol 1 is insanely expensive possibly due to forecasted low volume sales and needing to make enough profit for overall production costs. This is only my guess from a business standpoint. However I wouldnt buy Vol 1 at its retailing price. It needs much more content to justify its price.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 04:31 PM  
Aurora C.

Thank you, it was unclear this was a set rather than just an hour long workout or whatever.
Old 08-14-16, 05:30 PM  
noodles

Yes definitely Booty Extreme 2. I have the set and use it regularly since I bought it a year ago - great results. I now only do one of the lower body workouts/week and then use Cathe leg workouts for the rest of the week for more variety but no regrets purchasing this set. There are 2 weighted leg/ glute workouts and 2 plyo/ weight workouts plus 2 upper body and one strictly cardio.
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 07:38 PM  
Aurora C.

Thank you, Jamie! I'd love to hear more about the kind of results you were going for that you achieved! ...for me, I'd like to build out my glutes higher & rounder without bulking my quads and keeping a well defined glute-ham tie-in.
Old 08-15-16, 08:58 AM  
noodles

Aurora, I was having issues with knee pain due to muscle imbalances/ glute weakness. After maybe 3 months or so of consistent training my knees were so much better. Booty definitely lifted and legs slimmed down. I did not follow the workout plan as written because I didn't want to do cardio as much or double workouts. These leg dvd's are mentally challenging as well but I push myself to go as heavy as possible so 4 sets of each superset can be really draining especially 3 times/ week - which is why I also used Cathe workouts to switch it up a bit. Once I reigned in the food aspect a few months ago my legs and hips really slimmed down. If you can get over the outfits and "enhanced" body parts it's a great set!
Jamie
Old 08-15-16, 02:42 PM  
Aurora C.

Wow! Thanks Jamie! Looks like this is moving to the top of my Wishlist! I'm sure I'll find ways to customize the program to make it work for me like you did too. I have a really hard time sticking to any rotation the way it is given. I used to feel bad about it like I had somehow failed, but I still find ways to use what's in my collection without ever getting bored or burnt out on one trainer or system.
Old 08-15-16, 10:27 PM  
noodles

No problem! I'm not a rotation person either but the results motivate me to be consistent and adding my cathe workouts make it more enjoyable.
Old 08-16-16, 05:57 AM  
Tugger31

I have also been on a quest to work my glutes but not make my quads bigger. Edge Booty 2 is great for this. I also saw great results from Butt Bible. I bought the Butt Bible dvd set which was pretty cheap, but you can also get the full length workouts free on youtube. I only did the volume 1 workouts of Butt Bible for 2 weeks instead of the suggested 4 b/c they weren't quite as challenging as other workouts I had done (namely Cathe). EBE2 does have some "voluptuous" background exercises and the instructor in Butt Bible can make some off color comments so if that sorta stuff bothers you it may be a turn off. Personally the bodies in EBE are inspiring and the comments in Butt Bible make me laugh out loud everytime I do these workouts.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 01:54 PM  
Aurora C.

Not a whole lot bothers me in regard to background exercisers or instructors...except maybe sometimes Jillian Michaels if I'm not in the right mood.

I actually ordered EBE2 from Amazon, since I have prime, but they sent EBE1 by mistake and apparently 2 is currently out of stock. So I did 1, the whole way through. I felt it in my glutes and I liked it! I also really liked Ingrid Romero! I found her energetic, enthusiastic and cheerful with an inspiring physique...and I thought it was really cute when she playfully asked her exercisers a few times "Are you challenging me?" in her Spanish accent.

So, yes, it's overpriced for what it is, but I will do this workout again and I like that it's got three intense, succinct workouts that can be done as one workout (as I will do until 2 arrives) or used as an extra add-on for glute days. It has earned a place in my DVD library.

Now to research the Butt Bible!

And may I ask what you are doing, if anything, to thin out your thighs while boosting your glutes?

I recall when I was in my Slim Series/Debbie Siebers phase I leaned out all over...unfortunately I think that's when I lost the roundness of my butt that I'm now gaining back better than before. Now my legs are looking a little tree trunky to me but I may still be too burnt out on Debbie and certainly fit shorter workouts more easily into my schedule so wondering what works for others. I walk pretty much 90 minutes AM & PM everyday weather permitting in addition to a wide variety of circuit workouts - I love KCM 30MTF, JNL Fusion, KB Kickboxing, both 21 Day Fixes, and I do T-Tapp Tempo Torso 2-3x a week.

Tags
edge booty, edge booty extreme