Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-29-15, 06:07 PM  
slockhart

Edge Booty Extreme 1 vs. 2?

Hi, does anyone out there have both of these programs, and if so, which one is better/tougher?

Thanks so much!
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-15, 08:52 PM  
Taiga

Both volumes are excellent but Volume 2 is tougher by far. Even if you string all the shorter volume 1 practices together to equal the longer practice times in volume 2, the volume 2 workouts are just tougher (especially if you go after them with heavier weights).
Old 10-30-15, 06:26 AM  
Rhonda

Volume 2 definitely. IMHO Volume 1 is not worth the price. You get 4 or 5 different routines but they are only 10-15 minutes long.

Volume 2 workouts are around 60 minutes long (if I remember correctly) and are hard. Almost to a dread factor for me. I haven't done them in quite a while.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-15, 07:14 AM  
slockhart

Thanks! Gonna take the plunge and order 2!! Wish me luck..lol
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-15, 07:45 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Volume 2 is awesome and well worth the money! They are my favorite lower body workouts right now. I got awesome results using these after years of being in a plateau with my lower body. I primarily use Cathe, which gave me a huge overhaul in how my lower body looked 5 years ago when I started with her. I didn't really think there was anymore improvement to be had until I started using Edge Boody Extreme Volume 2 I was wrong!

Volume 1 isn't nearly as challenging and definitely not worth the money it costs if bought on it's own. I bought it from Mary with the 10 off and lots of rewards points that I had saved up. Others bought it bundled with Volume 2 and/or on sale. They are decent workouts, but unfortunately overpriced for what you get.
Old 10-30-15, 08:19 AM  
laurajhawk

Since the OP asked for "better/tougher", Vol 2 is definitely the answer as the VF consensus is clearly that it's much tougher. I'm going to throw in a good word for Vol 1, though, because hardly anyone ever does.

I bought the Vol 1 & 2 combo pack from Ingrid's site in her recent sale. I agree the list price for vol 1 is too high, but the way I bought it, the price didn't seem bad. I started a rotation just this week and am liking it a lot. There are just the 4 DVD workouts on one disk, and they're 11-20 minutes, but I think they're a nice intensity for that length. I feel worked out with such a short workout, but no dread factor. The rotation adds 15-20 minutes of cardio each day, either on your own or using a simple HIIT workout that's included in the PDF booklet). There are two upper body workouts in the booklet that are quite simple and effective.

I do think vol 1 is a good place to start if you want to work up to vol 2, or if you like Ingrid and this style of training but don't want the length or dread factor of vol 2 at present, and can get past the vol 1 price or get a deal on it.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-15, 08:25 PM  
Taiga

Volume 1 largely had a bad wrap due to the fact that it was way overpriced for the amount of content. I think that soured a lot of people. I bought it as part of the combo pack during the last sale so it was actually quite reasonably priced. I think it is a gem. I can use it for daily add-ons and that really keeps my legs primed/defined. And no dread factor at all. She combines a lot of my favorite moves---it's an efficient and effective program. I think both volumes are great
Old 11-01-15, 08:31 AM  
bubbles76

How is Edge Booty Extreme different from, say, Cathe's Leaner Legs? I love that workout, because it alternates working the front and back of the body. I hate exhausting the front of the body and then going to the back, or not even hitting the back at all.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-15, 12:00 PM  
alydinva

Edge Booty Extreme 1 and 2 are 30% off through tonight on Ingrid's website with code Halloween.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-15, 12:12 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
Edge Booty Extreme 1 and 2 are 30% off through tonight on Ingrid's website with code Halloween.
That will probably apply to the combo pack, too, which makes that a really good deal. I remember having to kind of search around on the site for the combo pack, but it's worth the effort.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edge booty extreme, glute building, glute workouts, glutes