Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-11, 11:44 AM  
Conni

I will pass on these...do not like the production at all, and I have workouts will all these same moves..

Someone else said they already have a dread factor for these, I feel the same way. Doesn't anyone have fun anymore in a workout???

I think I may have to preorder the Cathe workouts....and I haven't done that in years!
Old 05-01-11, 11:46 AM  
BurnRN

The descriptions sound great, just the kind of workouts I like. But I agree with others that the clips look very chaotic. I'm all for doing exercises at your own pace, but it kind of throws me off seeing everyone moving at different times. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we could hear the verbal instruction in the clips rather than club style music.
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 01:33 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

It looks like there is at least one other instructor (which is always a plus in Tracey's workouts, for me), and I don't mind the 'go at your own pace' aspect of it, but nothing shouts "I must have this".

The kettlebells swings have some pretty odd form.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 01:44 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
I'm confused. Are these clips of the actual workout video or just clips of some practice or a class which is indicative of what the workout will be? If it's the workout, its apparently a "go at your own pace" kind of thing.
That's what I'm wondering. It looks like they're practicing, so if that's the final product, no thanks. As others have said, it looks chaotic.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 01:46 PM  
neatski

I think these look very good- lots of good exercises in them, and I like "work at your own pace" kinds of workouts (like Insanity). But... nothing super innovative from what I can see, and I'm fine sequencing my own routines with my interval timer, I'm not sure it's worth buying these.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 02:21 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
It looks like there is at least one other instructor (which is always a plus in Tracey's workouts, for me), and I don't mind the 'go at your own pace' aspect of it, but nothing shouts "I must have this".

The kettlebells swings have some pretty odd form.
I agree here with Kathryn. S90D has been a good opening for going at your own pace, once you know the exercises. But, this is not raving me for a "must have dvd workout" as say, the Paul Katami Bootcamp. I will wait for VFers reviews before considering.

Also, another thing, much of that workout you can create yourself. Those exercises are nothing new. Burpees, windshield wipers, mountain climbers, kb swings, push ups, I mean you can tack these onto an existing workout and get the same effect without purchasing anything. jmho
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 02:42 PM  
fluffydogfan

I think Tracey is really excited about these workouts. She says on her blog that she went to a fitness bootcamp after she had her last baby and it helped her lose 30 lbs. The instructors from the bootcamp are in the workout with her.
So, it seems she really believes in this method, but the problem I see is that it's kind of old hat to us veteran VFers. We have a ton of bootcamp workouts now.
Then there's Tracey's inevitable production issues. It looks like I filmed these on my Nano, honestly. I'm not sure the guerrilla-type nature of these translates well on film. It's probably really fun in a group class but no so much alone in your living room.

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 03:13 PM  
steakhousegirl

Nothing new here for me. Nothing compelling.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 06:42 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Is your pull up station a separate piece of equipment or one of those you mount in a doorway?
It's of those you mount in a doorway
Does anyone know anything about the type of kb swings they were doing? They looked rather odd, like they weren't really moving the bell forward much at all.
I think it'a call bad form
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 07:26 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnRN View Post
The descriptions sound great, just the kind of workouts I like.
I've always thought most of Tracey's workouts sound better in the descriptions than they end up being in the final product.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot camp, bootcamp, total body bootcamp, tracey staehle