Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-10, 10:36 AM  
desertMermaid

Wow, it does look like a really good workout. But I am ambivalent towards 10MS. Like everyone else has said I don't really like the format. I wish there was just one warm up and one cool down, rather than each segment having a separate WU/CD. This may seem like a minor flow but it really ruins it for me. I've purchased several of these workouts over the years but I never enjoy them as much as I think I will.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 01:10 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
Thanks for posting that. Love Mary's longer clips, and this really does look good.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 01:22 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

This does look really good. I was probably going to get this anyway, but that clip put me over the edge.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 09:50 PM  
pbnj

Just tried this one. I was sweating buckets! I'd say it was a high-intermediate, maybe advanced. I was actually kind of glad for the warm-up/cool-down in each segment so I could recover a little. I haven't done the lower body segment yet, but so far, some of the moves remind me of BBL Sculpt and CLX lean phase, with some high-impact moves mixed in. I don't remember the music, but there is a siren every now and then (which is my pet peeve for videos). One thing I didn't like about it is you are all over the place in this video, you're constantly moving on and off the floor, in front of the mat, to the side of the mat, standing up, crawling across the floor, etc. I was worried clumsy ol' me was going to trip. Next time I won't bring out my mat.
pbnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 08:27 AM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnj View Post
Just tried this one. I was sweating buckets! I'd say it was a high-intermediate, maybe advanced. I was actually kind of glad for the warm-up/cool-down in each segment so I could recover a little. I haven't done the lower body segment yet, but so far, some of the moves remind me of BBL Sculpt and CLX lean phase, with some high-impact moves mixed in. I don't remember the music, but there is a siren every now and then (which is my pet peeve for videos). One thing I didn't like about it is you are all over the place in this video, you're constantly moving on and off the floor, in front of the mat, to the side of the mat, standing up, crawling across the floor, etc. I was worried clumsy ol' me was going to trip. Next time I won't bring out my mat.
Thanks for your review of this dvd. I am a little surprised that there are not more of them??? Thanks again, Pam.
Old 04-05-10, 10:09 AM  
acey

I just received and tried the workout. ITA with pbnj! I worked up quite a sweat!

As with her previous 10-Minute Solution, Jessica is really good about making every minute count and making the whole thing come close to feeling like a single seamless workout. For instance, by the time you get to the ab section, the "warm-up" consists of valid core moves.

I didn't like the walking plank moves since I don't have much room, but no one move lasts that long. The lower body workout was much tougher than I had anticipated, even using no weights.

Usually I need to work out for more than an hour to get my "buzz" on, but these 50 minutes were tough enough to satisfy me. Jessica is becoming one of my favorite instructors!
Old 04-05-10, 10:29 AM  
counterclockwise

I just got this, too, and have only previewed, but it looks great. She changes the moves around so much that there is no way I'm going to be bored with this one. Hopefully I can try it today during my kiddo's nap.
Old 04-05-10, 12:28 PM  
katalina

I have liked the previous Jessica Smith 10MS workouts I've bought. This one is definitely on my wish list! Thanks for the great reviews!!
katalina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 01:14 PM  
lindseylu8

Here is a link to the review I did of this workout. I really liked it!

I agree w/ pbnj-higher intermediate!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 02:37 PM  
counterclockwise

I agree guys, I think this is high intermediate.

I just did the total body, upper body, and lower body workouts. They were fun...I like the few new moves Jessica threw in. The total body seemed like more of a cardio/endurance workout, but I really liked it. The upper body workout works the chest, shoulders, and triceps nicely for a short workout (lots of pushups!). The only thing I did not like was lying down to do the back pulls right after my heart rate got up. That didn't feel comfortable. The lower body workout had me feeling it with the plyos added in here and there.

Really glad I bought this! She does change things up really often to where there is no dread factor. The only thing is that I wish whoever produces these or whatever would not give Jessica such cheesy lines to say.

Tags
10 minute solution, boot camp, jessica smith