Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-21, 07:42 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Just Dance no longer on Wii

Amazon's Deal of the Day is Just Dance 2022. I have several older versions of Just Dance for the Wii and love them and this is a great deal. However Just Dance 2022 is not offered for the Wii anymore, just XBox, playstation etc. They do have it for the Switch which DD has but she always keeps it at school.

I guess the Wii is "out" and content creators no longer make games for it. I only ever used it for Just Dance-we originally got the Wii for my kids years ago. I don't know when Just Dance stopped being offered in Wii as I haven't purchased any in at least 5 years but I am sad about this.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 10:51 AM  
Sissy B

I was curious so I just checked and it looks like Just Dance 2020 was the last one available for the Wii. It’s the only Just Dance game for the Wii that I don’t have and it’s a ridiculous price right now.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 10:54 AM  
Sissy B

And I may be wrong, but I think Just Dance is the only game that has been released for the Wii over the past few years.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 02:38 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Sissy, I think you are probably correct about games for the Wii. The last version of Just Dance that I have is 2014. Maybe I should start looking for ones 2015-2020 on ebay and such. I don't play it that much mainly because once I get started, I lose track of time. It is so much fun that I don't watch the clock.
Old 11-20-21, 07:56 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Thank you so much for posting this on Tuesday. I was able to take advantage of that great price. I wouldn't have known otherwise. It pays to check VF everyday.

We switched over to the Playstation for Just Dance years ago, and then we even replaced some Wii versions of the game with PS versions. The oldest versions aren't available for the PS, but many of the older songs are available in the JD streaming.

My right forearm would get very sore with the heavy Wii controllers but not with the PS Move controllers.
Old 11-22-21, 06:33 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Glad you saw my "shopper alert" Please tell me more about JD streaming
Old 12-27-21, 01:36 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Glad you saw my "shopper alert" Please tell me more about JD streaming
It looks like Just Dance Unlimited is not available for the Wii.

But in case you decide to get a different gaming system:

They say they have over 600 songs. I believe it. They have songs going back to the first JD version. They don't have every song on streaming that they ever released. They add new content sporadically but with 600 songs, it's not that important.

We make a bunch of 30 minute playlists so that we can have a session without fussing around. One month is $3.99. You get a free month with some game versions. We get a year at a time for $24.99 but we also buy the new game version every year. We definitely use it enough to get our money's worth.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/just-dance/unlimited
Old 01-01-22, 05:53 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

SFR, how easy is it to set up playlists on Unlimited? I am intrigued by the ability to make playlists. I have often said I wanted a custom disk with only the songs I like from different Just Dance releases. Maybe I will try to get a PS 4 through FB marketplace or see if my son still uses his. We have his old PS3 but you can't use unlimited with a PS3.

I see they have a Just Dance Now app where you can use your phone as the controller and a compatible device such as Apple TV etc. I could use my laptop at the very least or move my Chromecast device down to my Roku TV. But it is supposedly hard to make your own playlists with the app.
Old 01-01-22, 09:16 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

It's easy to set up playlists with the PS4. It's easier with the regular PS controller vs the Move controller. I think the Move controller is harder to use when selecting things on screen.

You select a song, either by browsing or searching, press a button, and add the song to a new or existing playlist. You can name each playlist and see the total number of minutes. You can reorder the songs or select shuffle.

Tags
just dance, wii