Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-10, 07:15 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Question RE: Cathe Boot Camp ?s

Can anyone tell me how long the premixes from the Intensity Boot Camp DVD are? (Cathe's site lists premix titles but no times.)
1) Cardio Only
2) Core Only
3) Kickbox Only
4) Upper Body Only
5) Lower Body Only
6) Lower and Upper Body Only
7) Cardio and Lower Body Only
8) Everything but core

Any chance there's room for an intermediate level exerciser to grow with this, or is it seriously just too demanding?

Thanks for your help!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 07:51 AM  
Kellie

I know the "everything but core" is right at 50 minutes since you're just knocking off the one minute of core on each cycle and still doing the warm up and stretch. I do this one a lot because I hate core work and I don't like to slow my heart rate down during a workout. On the others (haven't done them) but I think you can just figure that each one lasts a minute, ie; each cycle is one minute of cardio, one minute of upper body, one minute of lower body and one minute of core. So the core would be eight minutes, upper body eight minutes, lower and upper combined 16 minutes, etc... Now the kickbox I don't have a clue because during the workout the kickboxing segments come in with a couple of cardio and one lower body, so it wouldn't be eight total. Probably more like four or five at the most.
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 07:59 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Can anyone tell me how long the premixes from the Intensity Boot Camp DVD are? (Cathe's site lists premix titles but no times.)
1) Cardio Only
2) Core Only
3) Kickbox Only
4) Upper Body Only
5) Lower Body Only
6) Lower and Upper Body Only
7) Cardio and Lower Body Only
8) Everything but core

Any chance there's room for an intermediate level exerciser to grow with this, or is it seriously just too demanding?

Thanks for your help!!
I think the kickboxing is somewhere around 10 minutes. I often add it twice after doing BC. [Cathe leaves out one or two good KB moves and I add those also.]

I think BC is the least intense of Cathe's circuits and easily doable for an intermediate exerciser. There are breaks in between each minute exercise. The intensity does, however, partly depend on how heavy you go in the weight segments. I use light or moderate weights, so that makes a difference in the overall intensity. The cardio, however, isn't super tough -- except for the Terminator burpees. Those get you good!

One of my favorite Cathe's is High Step Training Advanced, and I find that to be a lot more intense than Bootcamp.

That being said, I love Bootcamp. It's a lot of fun, Cathe's energy is contagious, and the premixes make it easy to add on if you haven't had enough!

ETA:
Okay, I found the times
1) Cardio Only 20 mins
2) Core Only 11 mins
3) Kickbox Only 7 mins
4) Upper Body Only 10 mins
5) Lower Body Only 10 mins
6) Lower and Upper Body Only 24 mins
7) Cardio and Lower Body Only 34 mins
8) Everything but core 48 mins
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 12:36 PM  
Kellie

Thanks for posting the times! My method was way off the mark . I've never done the premixes except the "everything but core" because I love, love, love this workout! Sometimes I'll just do my own cardio in place of the core circuits on the entire workout so I have double the cardio.
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 11:36 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Ace, thanks for posting the times! Thanks also for the encouragement; maybe I can give this a try!
Kellie, thanks for posting and I agree that "Everything But Core" sounds fun and, at 48 mins, not so grueling.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot camp, cathe, cathe friedrich