Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-21, 12:15 PM  
bfit

Opinions about Weight Watchers Bootcamp?

Has anyone done the Weight Watchers Bootcamp workout? It was in one of their boxed "kits" a few years ago. I bought it recently because I can't do advanced workouts any more, and I was looking for an easier boot camp style workout, but I think it's really strange, and I'm not sure I like it. Does anyone else have any opinions? Are there any beginner boot camps out there?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 12:19 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I had this one when it first came out and parted with it soon after. The exercises are good, they feel results-oriented, but it didn't gel for me. Not exactly sure why.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 04:12 PM  
jusca

I had this one. I thought it was good for coming back to exercise after an extended break (like months without exercise). I got rid of it quickly because the lead instructor talked too much for me.

Update: Oops, I had the 15 minute bootcamp series. I thought it was the same as this one. Nevermind my comment!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 05:38 PM  
bfit

Yes, that is the right one - 15 Minute Boot Camp. I think I was looking for something more like a much easier version of Cathe F's original Boot Camp workout, but the WW one has 15 minutes upper body 15 minutes lower body, 15 minutes core, and 15 minutes very low cardio. I guess there is no official definition of "boot camp", and I should have checked more carefully about what it was before I bought it.
Old 12-27-21, 08:25 AM  
Venus

I set this one aside because I didn't think I'd do it again, but I can't remember why I didn't care for it. Here are a few bootcamp workouts I have liked:

Crunch Boot Camp Training
Crunch Belly, Butt & Thighs Boot Camp
Denise Austin Boot Camp Total Body Blast

These may be more intermediate, though. I did a quick search and there are also:

Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 Minutes to Fitness: Boot Camp
10 Minute Solution Kickbox Bootcamp

I liked these also, but it's been a while since I've done them so I don't remember them so well off the top of my head.

Were you just looking for beginner boot camp workouts or were there other specifics? Did you want the boot camp theme or were you wanting total body workouts?
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 07:04 PM  
bfit

It doesn't have to have a "military" boot camp theme, but that's OK. What I was looking for was a fast paced workout that has cardio plus toning for the total body. I'm coming back from an injury (or trying to at any rate) so I'm looking for beginner or low intermediate.

Tags
boot camp, bootcamp, weight watchers kits