Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-23, 02:18 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Question Help I need to find a new bra

Ok so here it is. I'm getting older, the girls are sagging and I can't find a comfortable bra to save my life. I'm done buying in stores and ordering is a nightmare because they never fit right.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Prefer no underwire if possible. Just something that works for "aging" breasts.

Sorry to any guys who had to read this!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 03:07 PM  
bubbles76

What's your size? What have you tried? And what's your budget?

I'm looking for bras too. Sports and regular.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 03:08 PM  
sbh

I could open a store front with all the bras in my closet!! I have been having problems with an old shoulder injury coming back to haunt me in my old age. Wearing a bra has been so painful. I just got a new one and so far I am liking it. Doesn't move around, straps don't hurt, gives me support with the least material, the pads are sown in, and it breathes well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jockey-Es...-3XL/583904585

I'm a 38C and I ordered an XL.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 03:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I wonder if Walmart has their own brand of bras? I actually love their cotton ribbed underwear, and it's so cheap (2/$5).

Ugh, bras! My favorites right now are a bralette microfiber version similar to what Sherri posted but with no seams. Unfortunately they tend to be pricey. This looks similar to ones I have (I'm not sure what brands I have):
https://www.amazon.com/Bali-Revoluti...X1/ref=sr_1_16

I don't mind underwire, but my beef is that the seam at the top of the bra often starts to curl out, and then you get a line under your clothing.
I bought this Fruit of the Loom 2-pack at Walmart recently because I thought they were simple cotton bras that would be easy and comfortable - NOT! They have the seam issue AND the adjustment slider is right on the front of the strap, so it feels like it's digging in on me. I thought I had owned these before, but either I didn't or they changed the style on me.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-of-...42DD/755267740

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 03:58 PM  
warriorprincess

Oh, that Bali looks like what I need! As an A cup, I've never had to wear bras, just buy shirts thick enough that no points show. Now they are sagging and it is so annoying at times.

ETA: I just went to order, but the only Xsmall is animal print. I just can't. LOL

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 04:00 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

You could try HerRoom: https://www.herroom.com/bras.aspx. I think they carry every bra ever made, along with lots of helpful information about fit, etc.

My favorite bra ever - the Prima Donna Madison Full Cup. Pricey, but oh so comfortable.

The first time I ordered from HerRoom, I ran up such a bill (about $1000) that my credit card company called to verify the charge. What they didn't know was that I was ordering a lot of different bras and planning on sending most, if not all, of them back. That's actually how I stumbled upon the Prima Donna bra. Everything went back but that one.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 07:17 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

For larger breasts, I found Vanity Fair's Beauty Back Smoother (71380) a couple years ago for my mom (age 77).

She likes them and they wash and wear well (machine wash cold, hang dry). Also, the straps are comfortable and don't slip (main complaint with the more expensive bra model she used to get from one of those MLM companies*). They give her some lift. Not like a pushup bra or anything but "the girls" are kept at a reasonable height. One drawback is the top of the bra cup can show a bit if you wear low scoopneck or deeper v-neck tops, depending on the shirt.

*I think the MLM bra company she used to go through was "Essential Bodywear" but the Vanity Fair bras I steered her to are superior in quality and comfort, plus cheaper.

She uses the style without underwire though technically she did get one with with underwire (but still has not found an occasion worthy of using the one with underwire I guess).

Wirefree:
Vanity Fair Beauty Back Back Smoother Full-Figure Wireless Bra 71380

With underwire:
Vanity Fair Beauty Back Back Smoother Full-Figure Bra 76380

I linked to Kohl's because that's where we purchased from online (easy returns) but I'm sure it's a style sold at other retailers.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 10:44 PM  
Sissy B

DD and I had to get new bras a few months ago. We wear the Vanity Fair bra (with underwire) linked above. We also have a few Vanity Fair bras that are another style:

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-24...-bra-76382.jsp

I shop Kohl’s when they have their sales.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 10:19 AM  
BunnyHop

I'm a huge fan of Evelyn and Bobbie's Defy Bra. https://evelynbobbie.com/products/defy-bra

So comfortable! It's by far my favorite bra. It's made of a stronger fabric than similar Chantelle soft stretch bralettes.

Not at all cheap, but so comfy I bought an extra right away even though I really had no excuse to get spendy.
Old 05-31-23, 10:59 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anna, that bra looks comparable to the ones I have. The smooth microfiber is definitely different than some of the stretchy nylon bralettes I have (which are okay but really have no support or shaping).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bra, bras, off topic, off-topic, shefit