Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-23, 02:15 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
How exciting for her! I listened for roughly 9 minutes of her intro of the app/program. I can see why she wanted/needed to take a break from social media as it is ridiculous the amount of speculation that goes on based on no facts whatsoever. I wouldn’t even repeat what I read unless I knew that it was verified since it could be false and/or hurtful.

I would like an idea as to cost but TBH I can’t see myself doing a lengthy rotation, even if the music is less repetitive than in the YouTube programs. It will be a stuggle to do an STS 2.0 rotation when it arrives as I get “bored” after a couple of weeks! I may reconsider a CGX subscription if the price is right, though, so I reserve the right to change my mind! I do get results from the challenge that Caroline offers.

I wonder if she will keep the existing programs on YouTube or move them to the paid platform? Was this mentioned in her blurb and I missed it?
I think she mentioned in the past that she wouldn’t remove her YouTube programs and workouts. She did say in the video that she’ll add some YouTube workouts here and there, but not like it was.

I also understand taking a break from social media, but she had so many followers and sorta fell off the face of the planet. I think people were truly worried about her. But I can’t imagine the pressure with her increasing popularity. Glad she is ok and hoping her app is a great success!

I was really hoping she would change her instruction style and talk throughout. Sounds like she’ll do that in the beginner program, but not for any others. I do better with those type of workouts. But most of her followers love her for the original format. I’ll be curious what type of music she uses now that she may not be so restricted.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-23, 02:26 PM  
ellaenchanted

That is an exciting new venture. Totally makes sense forCaroline to go this route.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-23, 02:49 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

I’m in! :)

I LOVED Beastmode and am so happy to see that her first advanced offering will be a 10 week version of this popular 2 week long series of workouts!

Cathe is my only other subscription, so I won’t feel too guilty for adding another.

I am torn about STS 2.0 though. Was planning to do it, but I may want to participate in a program that comes out one workout at a time to be part of the group working through it together. Sounds like a fun way to approach a program!

I wish Caroline all the best in her new endeavor!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-23, 04:28 PM  
Garrie A.

I'm excited for Caroline to be branching out and will definitely be curious to see what she comes up with on her app.

From what I saw in the video, her YouTube programs will be staying on there, and she still plans to occasionally post on YouTube.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-23, 05:24 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Well as a HUGE CG person I am so disappointed she went the app route but I guess it’s all about the money so why should I be surprised. It doesn’t matter how much it costs, it’s out of my price range. I can’t post this on YouTube as I don’t want to get blasted by the social media fanatics over there. I have worked out at home for 25 years because of the cost. I have accumulated weights and other equipment over time so I don’t have any use for a gym.

I have zero use for recipes or tracking or any of that other hoopla. I guess I’m weird. I track my workouts and weights with pen and ink and I am not on any social media platforms save this one and I barely come on here. Lol. Her music never mattered to me because it was high quality real workouts for free. I always watched the videos so she’d get paid by those and commented and liked her stuff to support her. I promoted her by word of mouth on here for crying out loud.

Sigh. I understand she wants to make money but it’s frustrating. I’m glad that the YouTube stuff will stay. She’ll probably post workouts there occasionally like Millionaire Hoy to promote his website.

Beastmode is one of her best workout series. It’s a shame the YouTube version is only two weeks.

Bubbles I love Epic 3 for some reason. She really ups the weights in it which coming off of Iron might be a nice fit. But any of her series are great. I’m struggling through Fuel right now. I’m not loving it I just wanted something different than the Epics.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-23, 05:31 PM  
prettyinpink

I won’t be subscribing but wish her well. She has solid workouts, worked hard to build a following and deserves her success.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-23, 08:10 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Well as a HUGE CG person I am so disappointed she went the app route but I guess it’s all about the money so why should I be surprised. It doesn’t matter how much it costs, it’s out of my price range. I can’t post this on YouTube as I don’t want to get blasted by the social media fanatics over there. I have worked out at home for 25 years because of the cost. I have accumulated weights and other equipment over time so I don’t have any use for a gym.

I have zero use for recipes or tracking or any of that other hoopla. I guess I’m weird. I track my workouts and weights with pen and ink and I am not on any social media platforms save this one and I barely come on here. Lol. Her music never mattered to me because it was high quality real workouts for free. I always watched the videos so she’d get paid by those and commented and liked her stuff to support her. I promoted her by word of mouth on here for crying out loud.

Sigh. I understand she wants to make money but it’s frustrating. I’m glad that the YouTube stuff will stay. She’ll probably post workouts there occasionally like Millionaire Hoy to promote his website.

Beastmode is one of her best workout series. It’s a shame the YouTube version is only two weeks.

Bubbles I love Epic 3 for some reason. She really ups the weights in it which coming off of Iron might be a nice fit. But any of her series are great. I’m struggling through Fuel right now. I’m not loving it I just wanted something different than the Epics.
Same here. I'm not *that* serious about exercise. It's just like breathing. I just do it. I don't track. Not particular about music, etc.

I love her Iron series the best.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-23, 08:34 PM  
momofcha

I haven’t really done any of her programs but a few workouts here and there. I am curious about these new programs but typically don’t lift every day so not sure there’s anything for me. Wish her the best with this.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-23, 09:36 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks ladies! Gotta say, I think I spoke too soon when I said I'd subscribe though. This morning, as I was into workout 28 of the Iron series the workout just froze. Reminded me of why I like dvds. I still may subscribe if it's like Cathe, where you can do it month to month and it's easy to cancel.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-23, 02:13 PM  
ellaenchanted

I understand people are disappointed when content becomes paid. When Vera Laro went to a subscription model on YT, I was disappointed too even though I understand why she did it. For me, it is about the pricing. I didn't pay for Vera's membership because it is 14.99/mo and I just felt like that was too high but I probably would pay 9.99/mo. She does still put up free videos though they are usually short. At least she has not deleted her old content.It will be interesting to see the CGX pricing.

ETA: It will 13.99/mo or $99 for th eyear. I think the yearly price is very good.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, cgx, youtube instructors