Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-23, 06:32 PM  
bubbles76

Oh I'm sorry! I must have read that wrong. When did that change? I know I remember in previous years that only moderators could do this. You would click on the report link to have it done. Why would VF change this I wonder?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 06:57 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I'm sorry if I caused the trouble to begin with. I reported one of the two share the wealth threads using the red triangle/report link icon and put in my message that there were two threads going on the same subject because it made sense (to me) to alert the mods/admin so that the threads could potentially be merged.

Actually, I thought nothing would likely happen despite my report since the forum admin doesn't seem that active and I don't know if the exchange moderators have the power to merge threads in General Discussion. I didn't even mention merging in my "report" though I assumed that would be the logical next step an admin or mod would take because there is potential for confusion having two January STW threads that have both been posted to, especially with several more weeks in January left.

I don't think regular members have the power to merge threads so that's a bit confusing to me.

Again, sorry for the trouble I caused but I'm glad the threads were merged in the end by someone.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 06:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Oh I'm sorry! I must have read that wrong. When did that change? I know I remember in previous years that only moderators could do this. You would click on the report link to have it done. Why would VF change this I wonder?
to test this, go to a thread you started in the General Forum. in the "Thread Tools" dropdown, see if the "move" option appears.

I'm not a good candidate to test this because i have moderation access in the Exchange Forum. Although the 2 forums are separate, some of the tools are available to me in General, and it's unclear where the boundary is.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 07:01 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
to test this, go to a thread you started in the General Forum. in the "Thread Tools" dropdown, see if the "move" option appears.

I'm not a good candidate to test this because i have moderation access in the Exchange Forum. Although the 2 forums are separate, some of the tools are available to me in General, and it's unclear where the boundary is.
I tested this as a regular member just now and there is no moving or merging option available to me under Thread Tool for a Request the Wealth thread I started back in September in General Discussion.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 07:51 PM  
yttap

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I tested this as a regular member just now and there is no moving or merging option available to me under Thread Tool for a Request the Wealth thread I started back in September in General Discussion.
I didn't merge or delete anything. I just reposted mine after Karla's because it looked like her thread was the last posted.

No harm, no foul.
yttap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 07:56 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
She combined mine with hers, because my thread is up. It says it was moved. It has moved to the next thread page (#2 right now) and is still viewable. I copied this (see below) from page 2 of the General Discussion thread forum.

share the wealthMoved: Share the Wealth -January 2023
Karla25

It's not a big deal who starts the thread, but I think if you remove/combine a thread, you should have the courtesy to let the person know.
I don't think yttap has the ability to backdate anything much less combine threads since she's not a moderator. If this is a combined thread, then it's definitely the work of a moderator (and perhaps it would have helped if the mod let the thread authors know.)

But THANK YOU Mod(s) for keeping the board uncluttered!! )

Now...back to the giving of DVDs to good homes!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-23, 07:46 PM  
bubbles76

Floating some over from last month

I have the following dvds that need loving homes. Only ask for postage in the form of stamps, Paypal, venmo, or amazon.

Feel free to ask for multiples, but it may be a few days before I'm able to confirm your choices since I have so many I go to the post office once a week and send media mail, unless otherwise requested. All dvds are in good to excellent condition, with original cases and artwork unless otherwise noted.

Please PM me first, as I check here more often.

Women's Health With Yoga - Rebecca Pacheco - okay the dvd and cover both say Fit Flexible, and Focused in 10 Minutes, but it is NOT that workout. It is the same as the Women's Health With Yoga with the three workouts - one, 20-minute workout and two, 30-minute workouts. I received it this way, sealed, so there must have been an issue with the manufacturer.

Core Flyte - Home Workout Series 2
Geri Body Yoga -*Region 2
Jillian Michaels 6-Week Six-Pack
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Days
Jillian Michaels Killer Cardio 1 REQUESTED, 1 REMAINING
Jillian Michaels Body Shred
Jillian Michaels Killer Abs 1 REQUESTED, 1 REMAINING
Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs
Jillian Michaels Killer Body
Jillian Michaels Biggest Winner Full Frontal
Jillian Michaels Back In Action
Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickbox REQUESTED
Jillian Michaels Shape Up Front
Jillian Michaels Shape Up Back
Jillian Michaels Hard Body
Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed & Shred
The Firm Body Sculpt Blaster REQUESTED
Melissa McLeod Yoga 4 Strength REQUESTED
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 07:58 PM  
bex

I'm back (temporarily) in the US so taking the opportunity to clear out some DVDs and contribute to this amazing community.

All are free to a good home. Feel free to request multiples. All DVDs are in good condition but in paper sleeves NOT original cases.

Bodywisdom Yoga for Beginners - Barbara Benagh
Classical Pilates Technique the Complete Mat Series - Bob Liekens TAKEN
Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss - Suzanne Deason
Strong Knees - Chantal Donnelly TAKEN
Stronger Standing Balance - Jane Adams TAKEN
Pure Sweat Sacred Yoga Practice Vinyasa Flow - Rainbeau Mars TAKEN
Rodney Yee's Am & PM Yoga
Trudie Styler’s Cardio Dance Flow TAKEN
Tonique Premier TAKEN

RKS Kettlebell System - 9 DVDs. In paper sleeves, not original packaging.
TAKEN
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 07:05 PM  
Karla25

Just need postage:
Delicious Dance DVD set Misty Tripoli **requested**
Old 01-10-23, 05:24 PM  
fanofladyvols

VHS workouts

╰⁠(⁠*⁠´⁠︶⁠`⁠*⁠)⁠╯

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 01-21-23 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Donated!
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
share the wealth