Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-23, 07:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

So far, so good on the visit. My Dad has mellowed out quite a bit and is not fighting over everything - so that is a relief. I'm so glad my DH is here, it is one of those things where I think he is more apt to listen to him than me plus we can give each other breaks - like I can go out for a walk, then DH can go out for a walk. I don't want to leave my Dad home alone - he is very unsteady and stubbornly refuses to use a walker, cane or use the downstairs bathroom when he is downstairs. BUT at least he is not fighting with us on taking his meds and trying to carry things down the stairs or take the trash out. Their dog is at a neighbors b/c my Dad's wife says he will stubbornly try to walk her and she didn't want us to deal with that. Anyway - so far so good. She comes back Thursday night so I have to keep up the vigilance until then. Plus it is nice that he has mellowed out and is not argumentative - so whew.

Anyway -

I have been walking and doing the Trifecta Pilates Beginner and Foundations Calendar. Sunday was Day # 1 of Foundations (breathing) and Beginner (core connection) and a 30 min walk. Today, so far, Day # 2 of Foundations (pelvic clock) and Beginner (abs and back). I'm planning a 30 min walk.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I have so far not succumbed to subscribing to Jessica's All Access Plan. I think the "deal" ends today. I'm going to try NOT to subscribe since I have other subscriptions right now plus just about all of Jessica's DVDs. I would like to do the Build Program, but hopefully she'll offer a discount again and I can subscribe later.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-23, 06:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Improved Health - All-in-One Workout - 51 minutes

This is the latest intermediate All-in-One workout from Jules. 25 minutes of cardio, including the 5 minute warmup, 20 minutes of strength and balance work, including ab work on the floor (and some standing) and 5 minutes of stretching. It was a good workout, but it ruined my hair...

Then I had to go to a dinner meeting for work. Not my favorite thing to do.

Donna - So glad things are going well and your DH is there to help out!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-23, 12:03 PM  
furmomof6

Hi ladies,

I've been going for some walks, but nothing formal since last week. Today I did:

TBL (Lindywell?) Tighten
30 minute Walk

That workout of Robin's is one I had purchased years ago; I'm not a subscriber to her site anymore. I don't usually click with her but I liked that one upon revisiting it.

Donna, I'm so glad it's going okay with your dad. I know how hard it is when they stubbornly still try to do things they shouldn't. I'm glad your DH is with you so you can take breaks!

Carol, how is your bursitis?

I have to catch up on personals!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-23, 08:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was just a 30 minute walk. I got home late from a Board meeting and really didn't want to do much of anything. I compromised with myself by taking a walk and taking my DS along with me.

Christine - For the most part my bursitis has disappeared as quickly as it came. That doesn't sound like bursitis. I don't know what was going on but I'm better.

I've never been much of a fan of Robin's pilates workouts. I tried awfully hard to like them, but they all seemed the same to me for some reason.

Donna - Hope things are going well with your dad! I noticed that Jessica Smith has posted 2 new workouts and a stretch on her streaming platform in the last couple of days. A Low Impact Steady State Cardio routine with the ball, a 10 minute stretch filmed on the beach, and a 30 minute barre workout. I don't know - they may also be headed to YouTube, she hasn't said.

Carol
Old 05-17-23, 07:07 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Today's workout was Tone from The Balanced Life. It's the companion workout to the one I did yesterday.

Carol, I'm really not a fan at all of her workouts but for some reason I'm liking these two. I'm glad you're feeling better from the mystery pain!

Waves, Donna! I hope all is going well.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 05-17-23, 07:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Improved Health - 45 Minute All-in-One Workout

5 minute warmup,
1 minute of balance work, 5 minutes of cardio, 5 minutes of strength,
1 minute of balance work, 5 minutes of cardio, 5 minutes of strength,
1 minute of balance work, 5 minutes of cardio,
5 minute cooldown (including standing ab work) and a 7 minute stretch.

I always enjoy Jules' All-in-One workouts. Then we mowed and edged the yard. Actually DS mowed, I edged and swept.

Christine - Glad you are enjoying those 2 workouts from Robin.

Carol
Old 05-18-23, 03:28 PM  
furmomof6

Hello! Today's workout:

Senior Shape w/Lauren: Arms & Abs

DH and I plan to walk after dinner too. So, Lauren must have two workouts by this name because I had done an Arms & Abs workout before, and that's the one I thought I would be doing today, but this was different. It was 45 seconds of various upper body moves while also working the abs on the mat. It was actually a bit more challenging than I wanted today, but I liked it!

Carol, that workout sounds good! I like all in one workouts, especially with a good, active stretch at the end.

Old 05-18-23, 07:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Outside Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Smith - Total Body Circuit Workout #2 - 38 minutes

After Jessica's workout, I realized I was tired. I will probably be sore tomorrow. It was a little bit more than I'm used to. The workout called for a light and heavy set of weights. I started with my 6s and 3s and realized pretty quickly that I needed to pick up my 2s and 5s instead.

Christine - I think Lauren has several workouts with similar or identical names. I guess there are only so many name combinations you can come up with using the same words over and over. I really like Jules' All-in-One workouts. In the sense that they are all-in-one workouts, they remind me of the Firm.

I'm sitting on my back porch tonight watching the clouds. We have tornadic storms north of town, but I don't think they are headed this way.

Carol
Old 05-19-23, 04:53 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Senior Shape w/Lauren: Pilates w/Mini-Ball

Carol, so true about so many names to come up with when the workouts actually are arms and abs, lol. I liked her mini-ball one today, it was a nice challenge too. How are you feeling today from Jessica's workout? Be safe with those storms!

Old 05-19-23, 07:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was one of Jessica's new ones - her typical YouTube quality workout -

Jessica Smith - L.I.S.S. (Low Intensity Steady State) Feedback Flow - 30 minutes

This was a fusion type workout done barefoot with a squishy ball. I'd say it way more about mobility and simple movement than it was about getting one's heartrate up. I broke a very light sweat by the end of the workout, but that could have been because I was irritated with my Fire Stick, which kept restarting during the workout. Geez! This workout definitely left you feeling pleasantly and lightly worked out. It didn't feel like any of the other workouts I've done of hers using a squishy ball.

Christine - I used to laugh about the Firm workouts and how they recycled the same 4 or 5 words in their titles. So far so good with Jessica's stuff. I'm sore today, but not anything terrible. Not sure what I will do tomorrow. We lucked out last night - just a lot of heavy rain at my house. I think we had about 2 inches, although one of our teachers who lives south of town in the country got 8 inches! Her place is a mess.

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates