Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-07-23, 09:00 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone, today was:

Pilates with Katja: Recovery Flow

Katja's channel came up in my suggested videos on Youtube, so I thought I'd give her a try. I really liked the workout! It was perfect for what I needed today since I'm pretty sore from yesterday's workout. She has a calming way about her, so I subscribed to her channel and will try more of her workouts. I'll share the link:

https://www.youtube.com/@PilatesYogawithKatja

Donna, I'm so sorry. It's a helpless feeling seeing our loved ones suffering, and that on top of your own grief is hard. Hugs!

Carol, I'm glad you're enjoying cardio! Lauren's stability ball was doable, but definitely a challenge. I like her lower body workout that you did yesterday.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-23, 09:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health - 15 Minute Gentle Walking Workout with Music from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's;
Senior Shape - Strength on the Mat - 25 minutes

I enjoyed Jules' "gentle" walking workout. It was very gentle, but I just wanted a little bit of a warmup before I got on the mat. It made me smile because one of the songs she used was "Fly Me to the Moon" and I can remember my parents listening to Frank Sinatra sing that song. My mother LOVED Frank Sinatra and Count Basie.

Lauren's workout was a good one and I didn't have to use heavy weights. That made my golfer's elbow happy.

Christine - I like Katja, although I haven't done any of her workouts in a long time, but I have enjoyed the ones I've done.

Donna - I'm sorry. It's just hard!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-23, 05:37 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone, I went for a walk and did some stretching today.

Carol, I love videos with songs that bring back memories. That's when music was really music. Not like the noise today, in my opinion.

Have a blessed Easter Sunday to those who celebrate!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 04-08-23, 05:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts:

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes;
Senior Shape - Pilates Flow - 22 minutes

It was a beautiful day and I just had to get outside and get some sunshine! Lauren's Pilates Flow workout was a nice one. Kind of a total body pilates workout with a fair amount of stretching. Very relaxing.

Carol
Old 04-10-23, 07:59 AM  
donnamp

i Everyone,

I have been a bit busy with Easter and some decluttering projects around the house. I took Friday off and also today. I am going to do some meal prep - something i have been falling behind on and therefore not eating well and some more decluttering.

This morning's workout was:

Caroline Sandry - Pilates in Motion - Lower Body - this is a walking/light lower body toning routine.

Jessica Valant - Hips, Knees and Ankles - Oh My! This was a blend of mobility and strength for the lower body.

It looks like we are in for some nice weather here, so I have to get back into my dog walking groove.

Hope eveyone has a nice day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-23, 02:14 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone, this morning I did:

Pilates w/Katja: Pilates Fusion Sculpt

This was a mat workout with weights. I really like her slow and calm pace.

Donna, it's going to be really nice here this week too, warm and sunny. DH and I are going to try and walk every night when he gets home.

Carol, I'm not sure if I've tried that workout by Lauren yet. I'm going to check it out.

Old 04-10-23, 08:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health - 20 Minute Dance Workout & 5 Day Strength Training Series - Day 1 - 24 minutes

I had done the Dance Workout before - it's really just low impact aerobics - but the 5 Day Strength Training Series is a new one. This was a good workout - squats (3 sets), reverse lunges (with a glider - holding on to a chair), dead lifts (2 sets), leg lifts (2 sets), calf raises (2 sets) and a minute long plank.

Jules has designed this set to be done after you've done her 25 day program. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Christine - I agree about today's "music". I am a musician, and I don't find a single musical thing about any of today's racket. That sounds like a good workout from Katja!

Donna - Enjoy your nice weather! We've had several nice days in a row here.

Carol
Old 04-11-23, 10:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get some decluttering done (but not enough). My workout DVD collection is out of control and I really should purge - but I have this urge to hold on to everything now that workout DVDs are few and far between. But, I tend to use streaming more than DVDs...and, some of what I'm holding on to is purely for "sentimental" reasons. Anyway, it was still good to look at the collection - it did stop me from ordering anything new from Mary's sale.

Last night i took my Golden for a walk, it was a lovely evening

Today's workouts were all streaming:

Keoni/Reps to the Rhythm - 80's dance workout (this was half of a Live Stream he did for his Patreon members). This was fun w/ 80's music. I don't know how he works out with so many cats walking and running around, I'm surprised no one gets tripped or stepped on.

Gina B - KC and the Sunshine Band Power Walk - this was also a lot of fun.

Jessica Valant - Basic Hip Stretches.

I am back to work today and struggling with motivation as per usual. But I shall go on.

Carol - that new strength series from Jules sounds interesting.

Christine - I have to try some of Katja's workouts, I have looked at her channel a few times.

I'm still plugging along with Jessica Valant's Happy Hips Challenge.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 08:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes;
Improved Health - 5 Day Strength Training Series - Day 2: Chest, Triceps & Core - 23 minutes

It was a lovely, warm, sunny day and I needed a little pick me up when I got home from work, and an outdoor walk was perfect.

Jules' Day 2 workout was 100% on the floor, once you finished the brief warmup. Well, that's not quite true, the closing stretch was standing. This one started with a 1 minute plank, which is getting easier and easier, moved to 2 sets of chest press, chest flies, then a diamond press, a couple of triceps exercises, glute bridges, dead bug, and 2 additional ab exercises. I liked it. Generally you did 30 seconds of work and 30 seconds of rest. The actual workout was probably around 20 minutes, once Jules explained it all; once she got started, there was no verbal cuing.

Donna - My DVD collection is also out of control, especially considering that my DVD player is broken... I also have some DVDs that I've hung onto for sentimental reasons. My work attitude was bad today when I went back to work. I think part of it was just being depressed about the latest shooting and the fact that our (the country's) answer is to do nothing. I decided that I was so grumpy I would fire me if I were the boss.

Carol
Old 04-12-23, 08:25 AM  
furmomof6

Hi ladies! My workouts have been:

Tuesday: Pilates w/Katja, abs & inner thighs with small ball
Today: Senior Shape, 10 minute legs

Carol, I'd like to start getting out for some consistent walks now that the weather is nicer. It does help lift the mood! Good for you for planks getting easier! You said you're a musician, do you play an instrument? I played the violin in school and always wished I stuck with it.

Donna, if you have room for all your DVD's, why not just keep them? Not to be an enabler , but you never know when you might use one you haven't touched in a long time.

Tags
pilates, wall pilates