Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-23, 09:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My catch up:

Sunday:

Jessica Smith - 15 Min Fat Blaster DVD - Dance Walk
Jessica Valant - Beginner Pilates
Dog Walk

Monday:

Jessica Valant - Hip Assessment - Interestingly, I was able to do everything pretty well. I only struggled with those side lunges (Ellen calls them dancer lunges). I don't think I have the inner thigh flexibility to do those. I also did notice that my lower legs - ankles in particular seem to be less mobile than I thought.

Jessica Valant - 12-12-12 workout - this was 12 min cardio, 12 min weights, 12 min Pilates - a little bit of everything.

Jessica Valant - Beginner Hip Stretches/Mobility.

We are heading out of town to go to my friend's husband's funeral. It is so sad. He just turned 56. He had been battling cancer for 2 years. I'm worried for my friend and how she is going to cope. We don't live close to each other and at times like this I wish we did. I am hoping we can get together for a longer time later this year.

Anyway - I will be back Wed. It is going to be a rough few days w/ a long car ride and a lot of emotions in between.

Christine - my friend lives outside of Albany. It is about a 6 hour ride from here. EEK~ I'm originally from NY and I went to college there, too!

Carol - I found Jessica's hip assessment to be interesting. My hips aren't as tight as I thought but my ankles are not as mobile.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 10:52 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning,

PBL Hip Booster
PBL Ultimate Flexibility, Quadricep

I found it odd to pair a hip/glute focused workout with a quad stretch, like maybe it should have been a glute stretch. I stretched more than my quads during it to make it more balanced anyway and it felt good. So far I'm liking Day 1!

Carol, I subscribed to Lisa when she was having a huge discount on her yearly membership. She usually does 20-50% off on Black Friday.

Donna, that's about 90 minutes north of me, so not too far! I know what you mean about wishing you lived closer to friends at times like this. I'm sure it will be a comfort for her to see you today. Safe travels!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 09:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health - 35 Minute Cardio & Strength Workout - Lower Body &
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Basic Hip Stretches

20 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes of strength (deadlifts, squats, leg lifts, calf raises and lunges) and 5 minutes of stretching. I definitely felt worked out when I was done.

Tomorrow's going to be a lovely day - sustained winds of 40 to 50 mph and gusts up to 70 mph, with lots of blowing dust and dirt. I can hardly wait. We are so very dry out here. One spark and we are in trouble. We've had less than an inch and a half of moisture in the last 5 months. Why do I live here??

Christine - Nice job! Lisa has a way of killing you ever so sweetly.

Donna - Safe travels! My ankles are also not very mobil, but I guess that doesn't surprise me since I have that old ankle injury.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-23, 09:01 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone! Today's workouts:

PBL Upper Body Band Workout
PBL Amazing Arms Open & Release stretch

I don't like the resistance band for my upper body so I used weights, and the stretch felt good!

Carol, she sure does! If I don't practice with her regularly, which I haven't, I can't finish all the reps she does. Yikes, be safe today with those winds!

Donna, thinking of you!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 04-04-23, 08:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health - 20 Minute Low Impact Dance Workout & On the Floor Stronger Core Level 1 - 8 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Workout for Stronger Hips

All enjoyable stuff.

Christine - I found that even when I did Lisa's workouts regularly I couldn't do all the reps. And it never seemed like I got any better (i.e., I never got to where I could do all reps). I don't much like resistance band work either. I don't mind tubing with handles, but my hands don't like the flat bands. We got through the winds fine on my side of town. On the other side, they are evacuating neighborhoods because of fires. I am so tired of the wind and no rain.

Donna - yes, we are thinking about you. Such a hard thing.

Carol
Old 04-05-23, 09:36 AM  
furmomof6

Today's workout:

Senior Shape: Strength on the Mat

I already strayed from PBL. I just couldn't face lots of reps today. I loved Lauren's new workout. It was mat work for the upper/lower body and abs with hand and ankle weights. There was a nice, long stretch at the end. As usual, it was calming and just enough work to feel like I did something, but not too much.

Carol, I kind of dread the endless reps. I'm glad you made out okay with the winds! That's terrible about the fires. I hope you get some rain soon!

Old 04-05-23, 07:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts

Jessica Valant Pilates - All Level Upper Back & Shoulder Workout - 23 minutes & Standing Hip Mobility Workout - 11 minutes

I enjoyed both of these. They were vintage JVP - functional work crossed with pilates style moves.

Christine - Today was a beautiful day with clear skies and relatively little wind. Our weather is something! I think I'm going to do Lauren's new workout on Friday. I really like her. I totally understand the dread factor for PBL's stuff. I found I just didn't want to work that hard. Honestly.

Carol
Old 04-06-23, 07:56 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning! Today was:

Senior Shape: Stability Ball Full Body Toning

This one was all done on the mat and I really liked it! I haven't used my stability ball in a long time, but it was a nice challenge. I need to fill it up with more air!

Carol, I'm glad you had a nice weather day yesterday. It's been crazy here with one day cold and rainy in the 50's and the next sunny and 78. I really like Lauren too, no dread factor! I agree about Lisa.

Old 04-06-23, 07:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health - Low Impact Tabata Workout for Beginners - 25 minutes;
Senior Shape - 10 Minute Lower Body Workout - 15 minutes

This was definitely a do-able tabata workout. I've really gotten to where I almost enjoy cardio and that's saying something! Lauren's lower body workout was a good one - all on the floor with some different moves.

Christine - Nice job! I find stability ball workouts really tough. I bet Lauren's workout was no exception to that. We've had that up and down weather too lately.

Carol
Old 04-07-23, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm back. I have been back for a few days but just haven't felt up to checking in, although I have been working out.

My friend's DH's death really hit me harder than expected. Since we live so far away from each other and both had kids around the same age, etc. we didn't see each other very often. You know how it is - you get busy, you have your family to raise, your kids are involved in things, etc. So it isn't like we saw each other very often. But, it really has just hit me - probably a combo of seeing my own mortality (he was not even a year older than me) and seeing the suffering of my friend, their kids, his family, etc.

Anyway, today I did:

Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility for Beginners
Jessica Smith - 40 Min Mega walk (or something like that - from the Walk On Series)

I will try to catch up with what has been going on around here!

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates, wall pilates