Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-23-23, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my doggie and then in the evening after work I did one of Pahla's walking workouts for some extra activity and Beth/Trifecta Pilates Beginners Series Day 3 - Lower Body.

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Latin Dance walk - this was fun! I always enjoy her workouts and the reason I don't do them more is the infamous "this is not enough" feeling I get - my mind tells me I need to do more although I'm not sure if that is true!

Jessica Valent - Gentle Core Workout - I enjoyed this one. I think Jessica's Pilates is more focused on rehab, PT, function and is more athletic while Beth/Trifecta's is more "classical".

Carol - I hope everything goes well at work.

Nice work, Christine!

I hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 09:16 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning! This morning I tried one of MVMT w/Cailin's longer workouts, Pilates for Core, Arms & Glutes. It was a challenge, but I liked it!

Carol, I like Lauren's barre fight workout too. Prayers for your work!

Donna, sometimes less is more, at least for me. I know the struggle with that thought though.

Buffmama, I really liked Cailin's longer workout. It was basically like three of her shorter workouts wrapped into one, but a little more challenging with how thoroughly she packs in the work. Each segment is around 15 minutes for each body part with 8 minutes of stretching at the end. If you like her shorter workouts, I think you'll like this one!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 02:03 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Buffmama, I really liked Cailin's longer workout. It was basically like three of her shorter workouts wrapped into one, but a little more challenging with how thoroughly she packs in the work. Each segment is around 15 minutes for each body part with 8 minutes of stretching at the end. If you like her shorter workouts, I think you'll like this one!
Thanks Christine for the feedback. I like Cailin's progressive programs best. Lately I've been doing intermediate pilates from YouTube and have gotten quite the challenge. One I did from Real Good Pilates was my favorite so far, although Flow with Mira is always good.
Old 03-23-23, 07:18 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health -
1,000 Steps in 8 Minutes - 10 minutes,
Strength - Day 24 - Upper Body - 16 minutes &
9 Minutes on the Floor Stronger Core Level 3

All new-to-me workouts. I think I'm going to feel these tomorrow. I increased my weights on everything, plus she did a 50 second plank in the upper body workout and then a minute long plank in the core workout.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-23, 07:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Yesterday I did get a short dog walk in - it looked like it was going to rain, but then it didn't so we could have gone longer....and I added on Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Pilates - Hips & Pelvis. My hips are just so tight from sitting, this was a good one to do.

Today, ended up being:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - 15 Min Cardio & Standing Strength w/ one dumbbell.

I also added on Jessica Valent's hip mobility routine.

Lauren reminds me a little bit of Jessica Smith in that she is able to teach a variety of exercise styles very well - she also reminds me a little bit of Ellen, too, b/c I find her calming but sneaky (the workouts end up being harder than I expect, but in a good way).

Hope everyone has a good day! Happy Friday!!

Donna
Old 03-24-23, 10:13 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Senior Shape, Pilates for Hips & Pelvis

That was a really nice, low key workout/stretch for today!

Donna, we think alike doing that workout! I think you described Lauren perfectly. I also love her blue background. It's so calming.

Carol, how do you feel today from yesterday's workouts?

Buffmama, I will check out real good Pilates!

Happy Friday!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 03-24-23, 07:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout

Walk - 30 minutes

It was sunny and not too windy when I got home, so we opted to just take a walk. It was nice.

The thing I asked for prayers for is happening tomorrow morning. I'll share more when I can.

Y'all are making me want to do a Senior Shape workout! I love her blue background too - it's so relaxing. I'll probably need it tomorrow afternoon.

Christine - I'm pretty sore today.

Donna - I noticed that Jessica Valant is having a hip mobility & flexibility challenge beginning in April.

Carol
Old 03-25-23, 05:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Senior Shape - Exercises for Pelvic Floor Strength and Hip Health - 25 minutes

I decided I should do this one since you both had done it this week. Plus, I wanted something 100% on the mat. I am exhausted after last week. Hopefully we have gotten that behind us and it won't surface again.

We had to fire a teacher for her social media posts. The one that did us in was a crude discussion about how men don't clean their bottoms. Filmed in her classroom with lots of spicy language! How she could possibly have thought that was acceptable for a Christian private school teacher I don't know, but she apparently did. And she posted a creepy one about a dream/nightmare she had where all her students and her were shot in a mass shooting. That one worried the police, so they were there today when we terminated her. Hoping she is completely out of our lives. This younger generation...

Carol
Old 03-26-23, 09:45 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

I took a rest day yesterday since I was tired. The weather was very cold with pouring rain, so it was easy to be unmotivated. Today DH and I went for a hike. It's much warmer and sunny!

Carol, my goodness, I can't believe that!! I have no words. I'm sorry for that difficult situation, but I'm glad it's over for you. Did you like Lauren's workout?

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Old 03-26-23, 11:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be MIA.

My workout report:

Saturday -

Lively Ladies - 30 min Slim & Trim Walking Workout

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis

Sunday - so far.... (planing a walk later - nice weather today!!! )

Fatihtful Workouts - Intermediate Everything Workout - this was "everything" Pazaz, weights, core, floorwork and kickboxing

Faithful Workouts - Power Flow - Letting go - this was a yoga/fusion style workout. Filmed outdoors w/ MoJo, so I think it must have been an older one.

Carol - that is just terrible - the first post is childish and immature - hard to imagine an adult feeling the need to say those things let alone film themselves saying them in a classroom where they teach! And the second is just plain disturbing. It is good the police were there and I hope that she is on their radar - and maybe they will up security at your school for awhile. Also, thanks for the heads up on Jessica V's challenge for April. Sounds right up my alley.

Christine - we had a very dreary and cold day yesterday as well. I ended up taking a nap in the afternoon.

Yesterday morning DD and I went to an Eastern European Egg painting class at our local art center. It was a lot of fun. My DD is a good artist and she made several beautiful eggs - mine were a little more child-like, lol! But doing that activity reminded me that I need more of that creative stuff in my life. It is so easy to put that stuff aside b/c we are so busy with the day to day. But it was very relaxing to just do something different and creative for a few hours. i need to make a point of finding the time for that at least weekly. It really boosted my spirits and gave me a fresh outlook.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!!

Donna

Tags
pilates, wall pilates