Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-17-23, 08:08 PM  
wendug
VF Supporter

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler's Upper Body Metcon. I liked this workout, maybe not as much as her lower body metcon workout, but my arms do feel worked! Now I need to try her full body metcon workout from her Stronger Longer set.

Erica- I still need to try a KayKay workout, but that must be hard doing it from a laptop screen with the tiny preview boxes.

buffmama- Yes, the legs can be neglected in some rotations when the upper body is split into push/pull days. I really like Lift w/Cee and that her workouts focus on number of reps and not time per set, but I had to add on extra leg work as she didn't do enough of it.

Angela- I hope you are able to catch up on you time over the weekend since you're so busy during the week!
Old 02-18-23, 07:38 AM  
buffmama

Quick check in. Caroline Girvan No Equipment Booty Workout. Teaching this AM so a short workout.
Old 02-18-23, 10:19 AM  
gigi

buffmama, I love that your are doing some CyberPump workouts! I also love that you call you refer to your sun as buff boy!

Erica, did you get results from the CT scan yet?

wendybug, I agree that lift with Cee did not provide enough leg work.

I was back to my workouts this week and I started over the the Hero series:
M: Day 1
T: Day 2
W: Kickboxing and Mobility
Th: Day 3
F: Slept in

I felt everything shutting down on Thursday due to just being exhausted. I went to bed at 8 and slept in until 5. I will do Hero Day 4 today.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 02-18-23, 11:08 AM  
Erica H.

Did Chris and Edi's push workout from the Build series - Day 22 I think.

buffmama - good luck with your class today!

Angela - I'm glad you skipped your workout on Friday and chose to sleep instead. Hope it helped. I did get the CT results but don't know what they mean and I don't see the surgeon until Thursday. I'm really anxious about it all because I desperately don't want another surgery but I also need this to be resolved.

Wendy - that upper body Metcon workout looks good.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-23, 05:12 PM  
buffmama

Came home from work and did NourishMoveLove Unilateral Arms and Yoga with Joelle's latest Yoga for Hips. NML was good but the volume was light for back + chest since 4 rounds was 2 sets on each side. I'll do unilateral legs tomorrow at my usual time.

Angela - I love "slept in til 5". You on you for listening to what your body needs.
Wendy - If you like power workouts I think kk's are great.
Erica - I got in all my required practice teaching. I continue to get more experience and am trying to work with as many people as possible for the same reason. Today I worked with an a family friend. Tuesday after work I'll be teaching a 30 min class to my teachers training class so I'm spending the week working on that routine.
Old 02-18-23, 07:16 PM  
wendug
VF Supporter

Today's workout was Michelle Briehler- Cardio HIIT Kickbox No Repeat. I went through the workout 1 1/2 times. I've had terrible cramps today and didn't feel like working out, but once I started the workout I began to feel better.

Erica- I hope you won't need another surgery, but I understand you want your situation resolved.

Angela- Yes, definitely listen to your body. If I didn't start to feel better in my workout today I would have stopped.

buffmama- Congrats on getting in all of your required practice teaching!
Old 02-19-23, 09:23 AM  
buffmama

Nourishmovelove Unilateral Leg Day. Not sure how I feel about this one. I can feel my glutes already but their pace is fast and 30 s work periods felt short. There is a lot of talking and by the end I was thinking "you gals aren't working hard enough". If someone does this one, count how many times she says "holy bananas" - I only know it was a lot. Pro: SL DL with rear leg elevated after Bulgarian lunges was a hit.
Old 02-19-23, 09:40 AM  
Erica H.

I did most of Fuel Day 11 legs today and added the first 20 minutes of the fitness kaykay workout I did the other day.

buffmama - I'm going to try that nourishmovelove workout soon. I do notice they talk a lot and it seems like they talk super fast too but I keep the volume very low so I have no idea what they are saying. The holy bananas would drive me batty.

Wendy - that kickbox workout looks good! I rarely do kickboxing but I put it on my long list of kickboxing workouts to try. Glad you felt better once you got started. Cramps are awful.

Erica
Old 02-19-23, 12:10 PM  
Erica H.

Never mind - I thought Chris and Edi were releasing a new workout program but all they are doing is posting a rotation using workouts that have already been released
Old 02-19-23, 06:17 PM  
wendug
VF Supporter

I don't know what is going on with the weather. This has been the warmest winter so far. Mid 50s in February...in Chicago? Crazy! I took the dogs on a long walk this am to soak in the beautiful day.

Today's workout- Tiff & Dan- 6 Week Shred 2- 30 Min. Superset Leg Day. I've done this workout before and really enjoy it. There is one move I don't get- the kneeling glute squeeze. I don't really feel it, so I subbed bulgarian lunges. Other than that it's great!

Erica- I'm not surprised Chris & Edi are taking a break before starting something new.

buffmama- I did notice that the nourishmovelove ladies can talk a lot! I haven't done enough of their workouts to know if that is a deal-breaker, though.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts