Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-14-23, 08:53 AM  
buffmama

Cyberpump Chest Shoulders & Tris Giant Sets - actually liked it. Mr and Mrs Muscle Standing Abs with DBs. And Yoga with Joelle Yoga for the IT Band.

Wendy + Erica - I'm amazed that you pick out all these different workouts. That's a lot of work! (and time)

Angela - Hope you're week is starting out well.
Old 02-14-23, 12:35 PM  
Erica H.

Today I did Chris and Edy's Day 22 Push workout from their Beast series and liked it.

DH is out looking for my friend's dog. Best Valentine's Day gift. No luck so far but I appreciate him doing that so much.

Wendy - how fun that you had a friend over and your dogs had a playdate.

buffmama - Sometimes I spend way too much time figuring out workouts and I let myself get stressed trying to pick the *perfect* one, which is silly since it's not like it's going to make any difference in how I look or feel (especially since I don't have control over my diet right now). The workout I posted yesterday only took about 50 minutes to do, though.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 08:31 AM  
buffmama

Today was Cyberpump Legs (Strength & Mobility) + Core. Even the limited mobility work in the w/u + c/d seem to make a difference. I also did a 15 min HIIT by Olivia Lawson but subbed my own moves quite a bit. I got a good workout but am still looking for something similar to growinganannas. Juice + Toya are on the playlist for tomorrow.

My valentines day present was buff boy coming home to have dinner with me and pants from beta brand that were mentioned in GD for work. I'm hoping they fit 'cause what could be better than work pants that feel like yoga pants?!
Old 02-15-23, 06:26 PM  
wendug

Hello Everyone! I took a rest day for Valentine's Day. My dh picked up dinner for us and we started re-watching The Good Place. It was a low-key, but nice evening.

Today I did Daniel PT's 30 Minute Intense Dumbbell & Bodyweight Leg Workout. It is intense...I was sweating a ton with this workout! I added on a 10 minute standing ab workout from Michelle Briehler just to get some extra movement and let my heartrate come down. I did a nice long stretch as my legs needed it!

buffmama- I was looking at BetaBrand pants after seeing that GD thread. I didn't order any, but I'm curious to hear how you like them! I really don't spend that much time looking at workouts. I fast forward through most of them to get an idea of moves they do. I can usually tell pretty quickly if I'm interested in trying the workout or not. I am noticing that some workouts might be good, but the quality of video/audio isn't great so I just go ahead and skip past them. There is so much good quality stuff out there that I'm spoiled now.

Erica- Please give us an update on your friend's dog. I hope he was found!
Old 02-15-23, 06:56 PM  
Erica H.

I repeated my workout from Monday - Heather Robertson's DAY 23 // Lower Body Strength HR12WEEK 3.0 and the leg portion of Kaleigh Cohen's 30 minute Legs & Abs SUPERSET.

buffmama - nice Valentine's Day gifts! Especially the dinner date! Let us know what you think of the pants. I'm always looking for that style for my daughter (and myself). I've found some nice comfy dress pants in the past that feel like leggings that she's happy with but they always get discontinued quickly.

Wendy - the dog hasn't been found. So sad and upsetting. I hope he's okay and not starving. Glad you had a nice Valentine's Day. I'm going to check out the Daniel PT workout you did. We had Blizzards from Dairy Queen for dinner. My favorite. ETA - I clicked on the Daniel PT link you posted and I had liked the workout already so I must have done it. I really like his lower body workouts.

Erica
Old 02-16-23, 09:32 AM  
buffmama

Cyberpump Back + Bicep Builder and growingananas 10 min cardio with Ray Dalton. Hmmm, these upper body splits aren't so bad.

I'll report back on the pants. I'm hopeful.
I may just have to continue doing the workout you ladies screen.
Old 02-16-23, 04:16 PM  
Erica H.

Pretty much a repeat of what I did on Sunday - Iron Day 10 back/biceps and the second half of Jasper's Chest, Shoulders & Triceps | Killer Workout (last time I did the first half). There are so many workouts I want to do - I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the choices. And I might want to do Iron 10 again using heavier weights but I also want to try some other workouts I've done using lighter weights and really focusing on form.

Heading out in a few minutes for a CT scan on my foot. I'm so anxious about the results and worried that they won't see anything. MRI would have been better for my issues but my surgeon felt all the hardware would interfere too much.

Erica
Old 02-16-23, 08:36 PM  
wendug

My workout was walking a clients' dogs today. The weather wasn't great, rain switched over to snow, but not too bad.

buffmama- I'm fairly new to upper body splits, too, and quite like them.

Erica- Hope your appointment goes well.

Angela- Waves!
Old 02-17-23, 08:17 AM  
buffmama

Today was growinganannas 35 min HIIT. Changed a few moves and used a 15lb KB to thrusters, rear lunges and a few others.

Erica - I sent out prayers yesterday when I read your post.
Wendy - I don't like that traditional rotations with upper body splits will then have less lower body work in the week. So I still alternate upper + lower body.
Angela - Hope you're having a good week.
Old 02-17-23, 06:44 PM  
Erica H.

Today was Heather's DAY 31 // Leg Day MetCon HR12WEEK 3.0 and part of fitness kaykay's 45 MIN STRONG LEGS AND GLUTES WORKOUT | Lower Body Killer. I think this was my first kk workout. I liked it but I had a tough time following it because she had the next exercise in a little box with small words. I use my laptop for workouts and couldn't see what was coming next.

Angela - hope your dad is doing well.

buffmama - thank you for the prayers. I also alternate upper/lower body even with upper body splits because I like getting in more leg work.

Wendy - glad the walk wasn't too bad. It must be tough on some days! When I used to run there were some days I was wondering why I was out there because it was so miserable.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts