Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-22, 09:07 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
A new workout for my burpee friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1fbqRK2-k

Erica
Now I'm going to want to try this... Thanks for the kick in the butt Erica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Lol! I've previewed tons of fitness w/KayKay workouts and they look too advanced for me! Maybe I should just try one to see if I can do it.
Wendy - I only have one word - modify.

Today was Tiff x Dan 18 min Full Body Tabata. It reminded me of MrandMrsMuscle whose workouts I also considered for today.
Old 12-17-22, 06:35 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 45 Min. Full Body Strength & Core Workout. Only one set of burpees in this one. I enjoyed this workout- compound moves the first round and isolated moves the second round.

I made my first batch of cookie dough today and realized that I need to buy sugar AFTER I went to the store. I made sure I had enough of all the other ingredients I need, but forgot to check sugar because I rarely use it. But my dh loves sugar in his tea so that is why it has disappeared! I had enough for today's batch, but that's it.

buffmama- Yes, I really need to learn to modify more.

Erica- I can understand getting dizzy with all the up and down from burpees. For some reason they don't bother me, but I had to bail on many barlates workouts that had handstands in them. They definitely made me dizzy. Linda does a lot of up & down in her workouts so I have to be very picky with which workouts of hers I do.

Angela- I hope you are relaxing and enjoying your weekend!
Old 12-17-22, 07:20 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - glad you had enough sugar for one batch at least! I've had the same thing happen with sugar - DH uses it for tea and I guess a little bit each day adds up and there was more gone than I thought. I've had a problem with dizziness since my concussion - anytime I turn my head or look up/down. It's really annoying. I suspect I need the Epley maneuver (to get the ear crystals back in place) but I'm scared to have it done because it can make you really dizzy and nauseated.

Today I did most of Tiff/Dan Day 25: 30 Min HIGH VOLUME Glutes and Hamstrings | 6 Week Shred II (Wendy, I think it was you who did this one recently) and added on Caroline's 20 Min TOTAL QUADS WORKOUT.

Angela - you're on break! Hope all is well with you.

buffmama - you do all the workouts I refuse to do - no thanks on Full Body Tabata!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-22, 09:47 PM  
gigi

Well, after 4 days in a row of NOT working out I just finished Cathe Live #404 Upper Lower Combos. Yesterday was our first day of sun in I don't know how many days. I am getting fat and sluggish and I get so mad at myself. Anyway, I am on break and just want time to slow down. I have plans with friends and family and some doctor appointments. But I also have down time planned.

buffmama, where do you get the breath and let go meditation?

Erica, I am a burpee queen no more!

Wendy, obviously, I sometime take too many "rest" days so good for you for taking just one...LOL!

Edited to add that I'm previewing that burpee workout and I would have cardio arrest if my arms didn't fall off first!
Old 12-18-22, 09:58 AM  
buffmama

Did my first Chris + Edi 1 Hour Full Body Build. I didn't like that shoulders, bis and tris got more time than the big muscles. I thought the ab work was great and the right length, but I was left wanting more lower body work and did a Pilates By Lisa leg workout that was 9 min on YouTube. I started with a 14 min standing pilates as a warm up by The Girl with the Pilates Mat and ended with an 8 min Ekhart Yoga Training the Mind Meditation. I'm curious to see how other workouts by Chris + Edi are structured.

Angela - Sarah White was the Breath + Let Go Meditation. I find I do best with breath work or Qigong since it has a bit of movement. Oh, and total body scans are nice too.

Wendy - I like the idea of compound work followed by isolation exercises.

Erica + Wendy - I have to go hutting for the sugar on holidays when my parents come over. Maybe the cheesecake will have enough and sugar won't be needed for coffee?
Old 12-18-22, 10:36 AM  
Erica H.

buffmama - Chris and Edi's lower body work doesn't appeal to me but I do like their upper body work usually. I find I can go very heavy with their workouts. I usually think their upper body work is very even for each body part but I prefer more focus on chest/back than the arms/shoulders.

Today I did Chris and Edi's BEASTMODE DUMBBELL UPPER BODY WORKOUT | 40 MINUTES (Build Muscle) again but changed the things I didn't like from the first time and really like it now.

Angela - sounds like you'll have a good balance during break of socializing, downtime, and getting stuff done. Definitely savor every moment!

Need to go plan meals for when everyone is home and figure out what I can do ahead of time to make things easier.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-22, 06:33 PM  
wendug

Today my muscles were feeling a bit tight, so I tried a workout from Movement Parallels Life- Stay Loose: Natural Movements for Mobility & Stretching. I really enjoyed it. He mentions that yoga can be a bit rigid with holding positions a certain way, and he encourages you to move around and find a spot that might need more stretching and do what feels good to you. And I discovered I can still do a backbend.

I had enough sugar to make another batch of cookie dough, but definitely need more sugar now. I want to bake plenty to give away and take to my family when I go visit.

Erica- That's nice that you are doing meal planning for your family. I know when I go to visit my parents I'll have to grocery shop and cook while I'm there. My mom loathes to cook and when she does she is not very good at it. So I am going through some recipes to see what I will make when I'm there. One time recently when I was visiting I needed a spice and my mom was so excited to say that she had it (I can't remember what it was). She then pulled out a dated McCormick's spice can that had to have been from the 1970s! She didn't realize that spices do indeed expire.
Old 12-18-22, 08:44 PM  
gigi

I just finished a hodgepodge. I used to be all or nothing but I'm trying to get away from that mindset and realize moving and getting my heart rate up on cardio days is enough. I started with CDorner's fitness latest Christmas step workout, then decided my brain was just not into it (about 16 minutes). I switched to Reps to the Rythm 1 Mile Holiday Walk. The I did Not Yo Momma's Christmas Music Workout. When I couldn't do what they were doing, I just did my own thing, enjoyed the music and kept my heart rate up. I did not do the arms with the bands, I jogged in place and did my own thing. I'm going to find a mobility/stretch to do now.
I have some fun things planned with family and friends this week, need to clean, but also have time for down time.

Wendy, that workout looks tough. And that is hilarious about your mom's spice! Tee hee!

buffmama (love that name), what is s total body scan? A meditation?

Hey Erica!
Old 12-19-22, 09:28 AM  
buffmama

Erica - Thanks for the info on Chris + Edi's channel. Since I'm focusing on total body workouts their workouts may just not be a good fit right now.

Angeli - Yes, a body scan is a meditation where you move through your body sequentially relaxing the different parts. My name was picked in the early part of my fitness journey as inspiration. I only try to do it justice.

Wendy - I can't imagine all the work you're doing making cookies, but sure loved when my Mom did it! My dessert for Christmas is cheesecake and for New Year's I'm thinking brownies (actually chocolate, but you get the idea). Mix, dump, and go!

Today was Caroline Girvan's 30 minute Pumping Cardio and Ekhart Yoga Meditation for a Restless Mind. Caroline's cardio was supposed to be steady state and had lots of low impact moves. The meditation brought up a lot of emotions for me (and some tears).
Old 12-19-22, 09:55 AM  
buffmama

Oops, practicing my new tricks courtesy of buff boy.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts