Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-23, 06:24 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
I think you can adjust your settings somehow to prevent unwanted videos from showing up.

Tangent: i was trying to figure out how to stop horror video clips from "popping up" as soon as I click on youtube. I googled my question and a few suggestions showed up. since they're from a few specific youtube channels, you might be able to block them.
When videos I don’t want recommended turn up on my home page, I click on the three little dots next to the title and click on either “don’t recommend this channel” or “not interested”.

It seems to work.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-23, 07:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
When videos I don’t want recommended turn up on my home page, I click on the three little dots next to the title and click on either “don’t recommend this channel” or “not interested”.

It seems to work.
thanks for the tip!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-23, 07:54 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
I haven't seen these, but it totally reminds me of a "workout" tape I bought years ago called Cardio Capoeira. To my dismay, it consisted of nothing but this woman standing around, swaying to a beat, and occasionally doing a kick. I was pretty shocked.
I love your description, very visual and gave me a chuckle.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 03:05 AM  
Negin

I don't think that your post was offensive or rude at all. Now I'm curious to possibly try these. Thank you for sharing!
Old 04-01-23, 03:24 AM  
JENILU

Thank y'all! It was just one of those things driving me nuts to finally find out about. It doesn't bother me that much that they show up sometimes, offensive things, i have clicked the buttons to get them removed before tho.

Kat999 I think you had very similar thoughts to me. I know there is probably a certain method with all that quick belly tucking tho that I might miss and not get the benefit? Maybe i need to go back to that old turbo jam into video just to try and remember what she said about the tummy thing (I never did do those. if any of them are lower energy, I may try to)

There are many many more videos and channels than what I put here. I really wish I could remember what I found a long time ago. The only name that came up was Chloe Ting, and she looks too young (I know, she is probably 80 and looks 15) to be who was on those videos. There were backgrounders, but it looked made professionally that everyone was apparently a fan of (the girl that is)

Thank y'all for the help and thoughts (and reassurances). Bless y'all!! (Definately think I will atleast try a few)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 12:58 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I've been getting back into Jung Dayeon's (she is also called MomChang) workouts and they are exactly what
I've been needing. I have the Figureobics and Bodyball DVDs she put out several years ago but all of those workouts are also on her YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@JUNGDAYEONchannel. There have been a couple of threads about her here in the past, so she may be who you are thinking of. I believe there was a big deal made over her when she first released her workouts because she was in her late 40s or early 50s when she released them, but appears to be about half that age in the videos.

Her workouts really just make me feel good afterwards without feeling beat up. She has some with light dumbbells and some with a stability ball, but most are equipment free. The full length workouts are all around 30 minutes, so very doable. There is a lot of great content on her channel and she seems to be very involved in communicating with her audience. I feel like she is very knowledgeable on healthy body movement and is eager to share with people in a way that makes it simple and not over-complicated.
Old 04-01-23, 03:01 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I've been getting back into Jung Dayeon's (she is also called MomChang) workouts and they are exactly what
I've been needing. I have the Figureobics and Bodyball DVDs she put out several years ago but all of those workouts are also on her YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@JUNGDAYEONchannel. There have been a couple of threads about her here in the past, so she may be who you are thinking of. I believe there was a big deal made over her when she first released her workouts because she was in her late 40s or early 50s when she released them, but appears to be about half that age in the videos.

Her workouts really just make me feel good afterwards without feeling beat up. She has some with light dumbbells and some with a stability ball, but most are equipment free. The full length workouts are all around 30 minutes, so very doable. There is a lot of great content on her channel and she seems to be very involved in communicating with her audience. I feel like she is very knowledgeable on healthy body movement and is eager to share with people in a way that makes it simple and not over-complicated.
These are the ones I remember!!!!!! You saved me from overthinking my life away!! Bless you!! i never did them, All i ever saw were the old dvd videos tho. I didn't know she had a channel@!! Thankyou so much!!! Gonna go look again now (glimpsed to see who you were talking about, now really gonna look!) And you said exactly what I need- feeling good without feeling beat up. I need to move and still feel like I am alive. Not gonna write about how deeply depressed I've gotten right now, I am enough of an open book, lol, but need those little things that make you feel alive enough to remember you are still living. I have to move every day, but finding the balance that is enough without getting me sick is getting so complicated. I know what they say about 5 minute workouts, etc.. but i get no good feelings or anything unless I do a very minimum of 10 minutes- preferable minimum of 15. Now I read and watch youtube videos while on nthe recumbant bike and it can be 1 1/2 hours before I know it, but i never really think that counts, lol. (rambling anyway, )
Anyway, bless you!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 08:50 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I'm so glad I was able to "unstick" that for you, haha

Another thing I meant to say before (I was typing with a kitty on my lap so I didn't get to go into a whole lot of detail!) is that I really like the pacing of Jung Dayeon's workouts. Soooo many workouts move too quickly to the point where I feel like I'm sacrificing form. Her workouts are the right pace for me, and the counting helps as well, because you know how long each move is going to last. But I can't overemphasize how much the pace of the workouts has made them so much more enjoyable for me than most other things I've been doing lately. They are kind of Ellen Barrett-ish in that they sneak up on you. You don't think it looks like much, but if you concentrate on what you're doing, you can tell you're benefiting from it and it feels like a great workout! I don't know anything about her qualifications as a trainer, but I really do believe that she comes from a place of fitness/kinesiology knowledge and didn't just throw things together.

I feel like rotating through the options she has on YouTube gives me a very well rounded program, and I also am able to substitute in some short kettlebell workouts for some added strength training on days I really feel beat and don't want to do a 30 minute workout. Lauren Brooks' Shut Up and Train, and her Kettlebell Incinerator DVDs are my go-to for that.

I've been doing Jung Dayeon as my main workout for about a month now and definitely can feel the improvement in my all around athleticism (which I absolutely have felt like I'd lost a lot of in the past couple years due to just not doing as much as I am used to doing). Her workouts make me move my body in functional ways, and with full range of motion. I do one of her workouts about 3-4 days per week, and 1-2 Lauren Brooks workouts a week. My main goal when I started was just to get back into working out consistently but I didn't know where to start because my fitness level was not where I needed it to be to do the workouts that I really love (Tapout XT, Ilaria, etc.), and the usual suspects for restarting (Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone, Powerfit) just don't click for me. I pulled out the Figureobics DVDs, and also went to her YouTube channel, and everything just clicked into place.

Sorry to go on so long! I had been meaning to make a thread here about doing these workouts but just hadn't gotten around to getting it started, so your thread gave me the opportunity to post about it and to solve your brain-stick, lol!!
Old 04-02-23, 12:32 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I am a big fan of Jung Da-yeon, her workouts are great, I did her workouts quite a lot a while back, Figurerobics, Bodyball, Momchang Fitness (S Line Fit, Beauty Muscle Fit, Slow Fit, Core Fit) they are all good, there is also a 30 Minute Stretch she did that is really good.

I haven't tried the workouts linked here by OP, they seem like good standing core work to me, I thought to try one a while back, but never got around it.

Jenilu, your comment about the trainer being 80 and looked like 15 made me laugh!! She is 56 now.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 01:20 AM  
Negin

These workouts all look great, and I'm adding them to my to try out later playlists.

Question: are they very dance-y and/or challenging to do for someone like me who's not the greatest dancer, and who tends to avoid dance-type workouts altogether?

Tags
figurerobics, jung dayeon, youtube, youtube channels