Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews

Old 09-08-22, 01:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Thumbs up UPS (United Parcel Service) Access Point drop offs: Very Convenient

Want to shout out to the UPS Access Point drop off locations!!! These are drop off locations when you want to return items you bought on Amazon.

Pros:
Many convenient locations. my top go-to places are:
1) CVS down the street from my house. The photo department will scan it and send you confirmation to either your email or cell #, and you can track it using the confirmation link.

2) Small mom & pop sundry store down the street from my office.

3) Small mailing service owned by a sole proprietor near my house. She's also able to give you a paper receipt. I have also redirected packages to her business when it was safer and more convenient for me to pick it up. And, she has Saturday hours too.

These businesses have scanning devices to send you a tracking link. They also get a commission from UPS.

There are bonafide "The UPS Store" locations on this island, but they are far and inconvenient. There are UPS boxes for drop off, however, the slot might be too small for the package you're trying to return.

Cons:
Can't think of any!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-22, 02:05 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Whole Foods too last I checked (though think they are owned by amazon so makes sense). Had to wait in a short line once though with people who also looked to be returning stuff from amazon in Whole Foods.

Also Kohl's does amazon returns last I checked.

Yes, it is very convenient and it used to be I would research certain products on amazon and then purposely buy from a brick & mortar store (making sure the brick & mortar store price matched amazon's price--Best Buy always price matches amazon which is nice).

I did this because in the case of potential malfunctioning electronics or an item getting broken in transit or the wrong item sent, I did NOT want to have to deal with packaging up the return to amazon and getting it to UPS or wherever (even though we do have a lot of UPS stores around here, they're not always on my route when running errands).

Now though, amazon makes it much more hassle-free and convenient to do returns so I'm more likely to purchase certain things from them knowing that.

Special shout out to my favorite appliance and electronics store Abt though--I recently bought a Roku streaming stick last minute for an upcoming trip and since everyone had the same price (Roku.com, amazon, etc.), I ended up ordering from Abt because for no extra charge, they were able to able to deliver it same day in one of their vans/trucks --just added us to the route and I could track the van on a map all day to see which stop was us. We buy all of our major appliances from Abt since they are the best for price, install, repairs/warranty, no sales pressure, everything. We Abt.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon returns, shipping