Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-22, 04:51 PM  
DCW

Noooooo!!! The Body Sculpting DVDs are no longer available? The 2nd one with Gail, Amanda, and Meg is one of my favorites. I was going to double up on them too. I have been wearing it out.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 05:37 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I have never seen an Essentrics workout that included tricep pushups. The seated dips, yes. I could be wrong!
She modified it from the knees, I thought I was maybe wrong, but bzar confirmed they are in the Ab flattening workout, I also checked on the VF Reviews and it is mentioned in the same workout. I never saw push ups with CS, so I was a bit excited about it, I bought mine so late, now they are gone! I am loving these workouts so far. There is only one workout from Vol. 2 that I have not tried yet.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 05:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Noooooo!!! The Body Sculpting DVDs are no longer available? The 2nd one with Gail, Amanda, and Meg is one of my favorites. I was going to double up on them too. I have been wearing it out.
I got mine from amazon.ca to not pay shipping. Maybe you could check there.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 02-07-22, 12:45 PM  
DCW

Thanks for the idea.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 09:49 PM  
JanaK

I think the triceps dips are in the Essentrics Barre video.
Old 02-08-22, 12:51 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaK View Post
I think the triceps dips are in the Essentrics Barre video.
You are right Jana, I have done that one recently. The first episode of CS Season 8 has some triceps dips as well. I was mostly curious about the tricep push ups, I was pretty sure I saw them on preview when the DVD first came out, but now that I finally bough the DVD so many years later, I didn't see them at all, so I wondered if I just dreamed about them. It seems it wasn't the case. I wonder why they decided to remove them though.

Old 02-08-22, 01:04 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Thanks for the idea.
I just checked, I got the Body Sculpting Bundle for $23 CAD (Vol. 1 & 2), during their last sale, they are now $47.95, which is about $10 more expensive than their website.

Old 02-09-22, 08:32 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
You are right Jana, I have done that one recently. The first episode of CS Season 8 has some triceps dips as well. I was mostly curious about the tricep push ups, I was pretty sure I saw them on preview when the DVD first came out, but now that I finally bough the DVD so many years later, I didn't see them at all, so I wondered if I just dreamed about them. It seems it wasn't the case. I wonder why they decided to remove them though.
I have looked through my dvds and am not finding push ups. It would be pretty unusual for push ups to be included in Essentrics.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-22, 09:24 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I have looked through my dvds and am not finding push ups. It would be pretty unusual for push ups to be included in Essentrics.
Thanks gir taking a look! Did you check the Ab Flattening wo?

I found this review;

Quote:
This DVD contains three 30 min workouts. Sahra leads these routines alone on a gorgeous beach. You wont need any equipment for these workouts. Each workout has an emphasis but includes total body strengthening & lengthening work.

Ultimate Leg Sculptor: After a warm-up exercises include side lunge reach & pull, pliet to lunge, donkey kick variations, side lying inner thigh work, a unique side lying hip & outer thigh work, quad shifts & raises, and a stretch.

Ab Flattening & Waist Shaping: After a warm-up exercises include flowing push & pull movements adding lunges, shoulder series with your arms extended, standing leg raises & circles, flowing side lunges, side bends & reaches, chest openers, hip openers, tricep push-ups, and a stretch.

Arm Blast & Posture Boost: After a warm-up exercises include rig cage & hip shifts, "beach ball" passes, tai chi flow, side lunge reach & pull, pliet elbow to knee with an overhead reach, crunches, oblique crunches, bicycle, side lying leg series, lying low back series, and a stretch.

I rate these beginner routines that are appropriate for all fitness levels. The gentle flowing routines work to strengthen & lengthen your muscles and include stretches. Sahra has a great demeanor & provides excellent instruction. These are very unique routines that will definitely shake up your normal regimen. I received this dvd to review.

lindseylu

10/05/2014

Old 02-09-22, 02:31 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Thanks gir taking a look! Did you check the Ab Flattening wo?

I found this review;
I think the reviewer confuses the spine lengthening exercises (aka upward dog) with tricep push ups.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, sahra esmonde-white, the esmonde technique