Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-22, 05:55 PM  
Anne29

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I prefer the workouts on this playlist to the ones in the 40-4-40 challenge. Everyone seems to like those so YMMV but I did a few and did not feel worked out. The rest periods are a bit long for me and I prefer more volume than just one exercise per body part.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...La6pPNMYPeXYWU

I did a few of these workouts and enjoyed them. They are performed circuit style with shorter rest and each workout has a focus so I feel more worked out.
Oh, thanks Edensmom! Those circuit style workouts sound good! I'll have to give them a try!

Here's my two cents on the 40-4-40 workouts. I've only done two of them so far, but I'm liking them and I'm liking Cee. Her form is impeccable and even though she doesn't talk much I find her very motivating. I like the slow reps because you can really focus on form. I know "no repeats" workouts are popular right now, but I don't mind repeating the same exercise three times. I usually go too light the first set, and it takes me another set or two to find the right weight and really feel the move. There's a voice over at the beginning of each new exercise where she gives you form pointers, but other than that, she just communicates with hand gestures and smiles. The music isn't great, but that's a problem with so many workouts these days. It's tolerable though. (I don't need to mute the workout and play something else, if that helps!)

The one thing I'm not sure about is the proportion of upper body to lower body exercises. Granted I've only done two of the workouts, but so far she's only had one exercise for the lower body and then 4 for the upper body and then one core. And there's a fair bit of isolation work for biceps and triceps, and I'd rather spend more time on the bigger muscle groups. The exercises she chooses for the lower body are solid ones (deadlifts, goblet squats) and you can go pretty heavy, but I'm finding myself throwing in some barre-type lower body moves while I'm waiting between sets. I'm wondering if she's starting us out slowly though and the proportion will change as the program goes on? I will say that I'm 52 and the workouts are pleasantly challenging without depleting me. So in that respect, I'd say it's working.
Anne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 06:35 PM  
wendug

Quote:
I prefer the workouts on this playlist to the ones in the 40-4-40 challenge. Everyone seems to like those so YMMV but I did a few and did not feel worked out. The rest periods are a bit long for me and I prefer more volume than just one exercise per body part.

I did a few of these workouts and enjoyed them. They are performed circuit style with shorter rest and each workout has a focus so I feel more worked out.
I see your point with needing a bit more with this challenge. I'm going to stick with this challenge to start as a warm up to some of her more advanced rotations. It's been a while since I've done true heavy lifting, so this is a great place to get back into the swing of it.
Old 01-17-22, 06:47 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:

Thank you for the link!

This is my first experience with Cee, so have not done anything other than her 40-4-40 workouts from her YouTube channel. This is the rotation she posted for the New Year, so I was happy to jump on board once I did the first one, lol! She would be great in just about any workout she does, so look forward to more from her!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 07:06 PM  
IceQueen07

Thanks Edensmom for the link. That playlist looks good. I am very used to split body part so full body would be a change. Do you see better results with full body v split body?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 08:44 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Thanks Edensmom for the link. That playlist looks good. I am very used to split body part so full body would be a change. Do you see better results with full body v split body?
As far as visible definition, a split body part routine has given me better results. I do like full body workouts when life gets busy and I have fewer days to workout in a particular week.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 04:53 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
As far as visible definition, a split body part routine has given me better results. I do like full body workouts when life gets busy and I have fewer days to workout in a particular week.
I think I get a better workout when I only focus on one or two body parts per workout. Total body seems good for time, but I don't really get that "worked out" feeling.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 01:01 PM  
edensmom

I do like Cee. I was hesitant to put in my two cents because I didn't want to come off as negative. Then I thought having an array of viewpoints may be helpful for others. ��
If the new workouts had a better ratio of lower to upper body exercises, it would improve them quite a bit. The rest times are fine for certain movements but I don't need to rest 45 seconds after a set of bicep curls, crunches or whatever . It starts to feel like a lot of waiting around.

Her physique is AMAZING. Very inspirational. I'd do her videos just to look at her ��
Old 01-18-22, 01:07 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I think I get a better workout when I only focus on one or two body parts per workout. Total body seems good for time, but I don't really get that "worked out" feeling.
I prefer split workouts too. I find it easier to give each muscle group sufficient attention. I will mix it up and do fb workouts for a few weeks here and there but my true favorite is probably a push/pull/legs split.

Tags
cheryl coulombe, lift with cee