Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-19-21, 04:29 PM  
Leonana

Yeah, I doubt I could put 40 pounds of cat litter on my shoulders for a squat, lol. I have to admit, every time I buy the cat litter I appreciate I have the ability to lift it.
Old 12-19-21, 07:57 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Prettyinpink, the ones on her shoulders are adjustable, so hard to tell. Memory is fuzzy, I think she’s mentioned 45 pounds, and maybe up to 60 when using kettlebells. Her kettlebell is adjustable too. I hadn’t thought about the price, but you’re right, they are pricey!

That is a pro for barbells. She said her opinion was based on what worked for her clients, many who are new to exercise and working from home.

Thanks both of you for posting your experiences. I always enjoy learning more.
I have mild aspirations of being a powerlifter lol. My goal for 2022 is deadlifting 300lbs, squatting 250lbs and bench pressing 135lbs. I've got work to do. My deadlift is around 200lbs, squat only about 150-160lbs and my bench is down to about 100lbs.
Old 12-19-21, 10:24 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I have mild aspirations of being a powerlifter lol. My goal for 2022 is deadlifting 300lbs, squatting 250lbs and bench pressing 135lbs. I've got work to do. My deadlift is around 200lbs, squat only about 150-160lbs and my bench is down to about 100lbs.
Wow, that is a lot of gains in a year. You go!

I am no where near that but I have become much stronger than I was. It’s a great feeling.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 11:51 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

There's nothing like having a barbell on your shoulders, and then having to scratch your nose. You either ignore it, or put the thing down.
Old 12-20-21, 01:06 AM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Wow, that is a lot of gains in a year. You go!

I am no where near that but I have become much stronger than I was. It’s a great feeling.
I'm pretty sure I can do it. Early 2020 before we bought and moved into a new house then well, the Rona came to town, I was squatting 190-200lbs my deadlift was at 245lbs and my bench right at 120. So I'm pretty sure my body will respond fast to getting back into heavy lifting mode.
Old 12-20-21, 08:50 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
There's nothing like having a barbell on your shoulders, and then having to scratch your nose. You either ignore it, or put the thing down.
This needs to be on a poster somewhere lol!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 11:06 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
With my luck, the cat in my avatar would be rubbing against my legs trying to trip me lol.

Tags
barbell, barbells, barbells vs dumbbells, dumbbells, dumbbells vs barbells