Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-22, 06:58 PM  
Leonana

Adawn, I enjoy Jessica’s remarks too!

I remember a you tube foam rolling workout where she mentioned it could be a good substitute for massages, although it can be a good idea to get massages too for self care. Then she said, “I don’t get regular massages either, who are we kidding.” The dry way she said it made me laugh.

Wendy, PJ makes me laugh too!
Old 04-11-22, 07:15 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I can't think of anything specific off the top of my head, but Fitness with PJ is a treasure trove of funny comments. She has no music in her workouts, but she talks...A LOT. But she is hilarious and provides much needed laughter while working out!
Her introduction video on the home page of her site had me sold - will definitely be looking into her workouts. Thanks for mentioning her!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 12:42 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I always appreciate stupid comments in the FIRMs because those are so scripted and are meant to not have anything like that in them, but sometimes they slip through or else innocuous comments come off weirdly and therefore are sort of "funny" because of how dopey they are. I forget which one it is but Tracie Long doing a lunge and a dip and then "marrying" them and then on the next time through saying "and here comes the happy couple."
I think it was from Total Body Body Shaping, or something like that?? It has a blue/purplish cover and I remember this line too because I thought it was funny. And we Firmies can't forget Emily from AWT, "Gettin' down with the fanny lifter."

KCM has some comments that make me laugh/smile. In one of her recent dvds, she talks about being on the Struggle Bus. In another she says, "Anyone can give up. Don't be an anybody" and something along those lines in a different workout. In one workout she says, "Go big or go home. Oh, wait a minute, you are home." Just the way she says it is funny.

I also think some of the background exercisers have great facial expressions. In one of Cathe's dvds when Jai realizes that she's been on the wrong leg throughout the move, her facial expression is hilarious! She really does have a "What?!? I've been on the wrong leg this whole time?!?" look.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 01:47 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

"You grew it - now lift it" Margaret Richard
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 06:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Scott Cole always cracked me up. I wish I could remember some of his specific lines. For a long time, I did one of his exercise DVDS because it stretched me out while I was laughing.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 08:19 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Her introduction video on the home page of her site had me sold - will definitely be looking into her workouts. Thanks for mentioning her!!

I was not familiar with PJ - that intro video was a hoot! I'll definitely remember her for some You Tube love.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor, instructor quotes, instructors, vf humor