Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-09-21, 09:06 PM  
gigi

Cathe Live Music & Variety

I just need to vent a little. I love Cathe. I always go back to her or work her into my routine. BUT, if a youtube instructor (100% free and good) can find fun music AND work variety into her cardio, strength, and metabolic workouts, then Cathe should be able to do this also. I feel like many of the Cathe Lives are the same type of workouts, with the same moves, and the same music. With all that experience and such a large, loyal following...bring it up a notch Cathe!

That being said, I can't wait to find out what Cathe's new series will be! I also think she should finish what she started during Covid when she was filming solo and complete the heavier weight workouts. She could do a couple of extra Cathe Lives to with a small group using heavy weights.

O.k. thanks!
Old 11-09-21, 11:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Just curious, but what YouTube instructor that has free and good music? The ones that I’ve done have music that doesn’t seem any better than Cathe’s to me—-just different. I guess music is just a matter of taste anyway. I have no idea how music licensing works, but I wonder why you tube peeps would pay less to use copyrighted material than Cathe. Does anyone know?

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 05:53 PM  
gigi

CDorner fitness. She uses rock, 80's, dance, hip-hop,country. I'm not saying it's absolutely fabulous but at least she changes the music up.

It could also just be that I get bored and I've done Cathe so long, that I just seek other instructors out to bring some variety to my routine. I'm not giving up my subscription!
Old 11-10-21, 06:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I like Chris' music too (and her workouts, too, or it wouldn't matter if the music was good )! She does offer a variety of music styles and sticks with the theme so I can pick and choose the workout with my music preference. Have you tried any of AquaJade's workouts? She also has some fun music! I wonder if the music rules for licensing are different when they aren't a part of a physical product like a DVD.

Oh, I hear you with liking the variety. I work out with Chris Dorner, Caroline Girvan, Kat Gates and a couple other instructors on You Tube along with Cathe.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 04:27 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I usually stick to DVDs but I've started a 12 week rotation with strictly youtube workouts (except one day a week when I still do a Cathe DVD), to help satisfy my curiosity because I follow so many instructors but then tend to do DVDs anyway LOL.

I am mostly doing Caroline Girvan's EPIC III workouts, and her music is great! (All depending on individual preference, of course). I am also mixing in some Heather Robertson, fitness_kaykay, and growingannanas although I haven't gotten to those yet (I just started week 2) but upon preview they look like they will have good music. So basing my opinion strictly on Caroline's workouts so far, it's astounding how polished and professional her workouts are and they're free.

Yvette Bachman can also be counted on for fun workokuts and good music. She has her own website now but there's still plenty of content on youtube.

I'll check out the others recommended here!

I love Cathe and will probably eventually subscribe to her live workouts (or at least buy a few downloads) but her DVDs are keeping me occupied so far. I was definitely late to the Cathe party, only having really gotten excited about her over the last couple of years.
Old 11-11-21, 06:52 PM  
Kate**Roberts
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I just need to vent a little. I love Cathe. I always go back to her or work her into my routine. BUT, if a youtube instructor (100% free and good) can find fun music AND work variety into her cardio, strength, and metabolic workouts, then Cathe should be able to do this also. I feel like many of the Cathe Lives are the same type of workouts, with the same moves, and the same music. With all that experience and such a large, loyal following...bring it up a notch Cathe!
I totally agree with your wish that Cathe would take it up a notch with her moves. If I’m bored of the same old cardio drills, what must her gym members think? When I do some of her cardio dvds (like Cardio Slam and some of the Fit Split cardio), I wonder why she doesn’t use some of those drills. They are more creative than so much of what she repeats week after week (after week). I’m a huge Cathe fan but find myself wishing more from her lately.
Old 11-12-21, 10:29 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I like Chris' music too (and her workouts, too, or it wouldn't matter if the music was good )! She does offer a variety of music styles and sticks with the theme so I can pick and choose the workout with my music preference. Have you tried any of AquaJade's workouts? She also has some fun music! I wonder if the music rules for licensing are different when they aren't a part of a physical product like a DVD.

Oh, I hear you with liking the variety. I work out with Chris Dorner, Caroline Girvan, Kat Gates and a couple other instructors on You Tube along with Cathe.
I will have to check out these other instructors! I have not heard of AcquaJade! Chris Dorner's Upper Body workout last week had such a fun vibe. Her husband was hilarious "behind the scenes." They were just cracking up and having a blast. The whole vibe was delightful. I understand the whole DVD thing, but I think Cathe could do better with variety and music choices in her live workouts.
Old 11-12-21, 10:30 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I usually stick to DVDs but I've started a 12 week rotation with strictly youtube workouts (except one day a week when I still do a Cathe DVD), to help satisfy my curiosity because I follow so many instructors but then tend to do DVDs anyway LOL.

I am mostly doing Caroline Girvan's EPIC III workouts, and her music is great! (All depending on individual preference, of course). I am also mixing in some Heather Robertson, fitness_kaykay, and growingannanas although I haven't gotten to those yet (I just started week 2) but upon preview they look like they will have good music. So basing my opinion strictly on Caroline's workouts so far, it's astounding how polished and professional her workouts are and they're free.

Yvette Bachman can also be counted on for fun workokuts and good music. She has her own website now but there's still plenty of content on youtube.

I'll check out the others recommended here!

I love Cathe and will probably eventually subscribe to her live workouts (or at least buy a few downloads) but her DVDs are keeping me occupied so far. I was definitely late to the Cathe party, only having really gotten excited about her over the last couple of years.
More instructors for me to check out!
Old 11-12-21, 10:31 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate**Roberts View Post
I totally agree with your wish that Cathe would take it up a notch with her moves. If I’m bored of the same old cardio drills, what must her gym members think? When I do some of her cardio dvds (like Cardio Slam and some of the Fit Split cardio), I wonder why she doesn’t use some of those drills. They are more creative than so much of what she repeats week after week (after week). I’m a huge Cathe fan but find myself wishing more from her lately.
100% agree!
Old 11-13-21, 01:43 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Maybe with Cathe's eye issue, she has been told to lay off heavy weights. Don't know for sure, of course, just a guess.

Tags
cathe, cathe live, music, workout music