Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-27-21, 09:42 AM  
Verine
VF Supporter

New Barlates workouts?

Does anyone know whether Linda from Barlates will be filming new workouts anymore? I am not on social media, but I understand she was withdrawing from topical steroid creams last year. I guess I don't understand the condition, but it seems like she would have recovered by now. I see that all her new videos on You Tube are actually not new, but older videos that were previously just available as downloads. Her weekly sale is repetitive, too. I guess I am just curious as to whether she has a day job and this was just a hobby that is slowly fizzling out.
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 05:45 PM  
Fitstick

I知 curious too! Just sent her a Facebook message and will let you know if I hear back.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 10:35 PM  
Fitstick

Linda said that she is still recovering but does plan to film new workouts, hopefully in a few months.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 08:42 PM  
rykram

I知 new to Linda and really like her. I知 lost though, what was/is wrong with her? Topical steroid creams? I follow her on IG and YouTube and get notifications of what I thought were new workouts (although really they池e all new to me).

Thanks!
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 09:34 PM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykram View Post
I知 new to Linda and really like her. I知 lost though, what was/is wrong with her? Topical steroid creams? I follow her on IG and YouTube and get notifications of what I thought were new workouts (although really they池e all new to me).

Thanks!
Linda has so many workouts! She's also not a mainstay in my workout schedule so everything is new to me. I looked up this condition when she posted about it and it seems very serious. Symptoms from withdrawal can vary but can include insomnia and depression at its worse. I can understand why she hasn't been putting out more workouts as frequently as she used to.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 12:17 PM  
sugar rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerholliday View Post
I looked up this condition when she posted about it and it seems very serious. Symptoms from withdrawal can vary but can include insomnia and depression at its worse.
Diggerholliday - Where & when did she post about this? Just wondering... I follow her on FB, but I must have missed it

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 07:02 AM  
buffmama

Thank you for posting this! I hadn't heard of this and it turns out I had a bad reaction to steroids for eczema. I wouldn't have known to think it was a reaction to the medication if not for this thread. Luckily I caught it early and it isn't the disaster that can occur from long term use. I will now be researching more natural healing methods.
Old 10-15-21, 05:36 PM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar rose View Post
Diggerholliday - Where & when did she post about this? Just wondering... I follow her on FB, but I must have missed it
Excuse me but I just saw this. I follow her on Instagram where she posts her daily workouts. Her workouts are very intense and for a while she was posting that she had not exercised because of the side effects of her long time use of steroid creams. She seems to be doing well now.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge