Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-10-21, 05:52 AM  
Cher

Happy Birthday Pat!. I hope you had a great day!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 06:48 AM  
Elsie

Happiest Birthday Wishes Pat!! 🎈🎈
Hope your day was what you wanted!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 02:37 PM  
AnMrsDe

Bumping us up! Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Thinking of Cher and her eye surgery (is it tomorrow?) and hope everything goes well.

Pat, glad to see your surgery day is over. I'm assuming all's good?

~~~Waves to all~~~ I can't believe half of May is over!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 10:54 PM  
bex

Hey, since when did we stop talking here in the back of the thread? Putting conversations in our updates feels like a 'socially distanced' way of talking, like sharing across the fence to our neighbors. I mean, that's cool too but I miss chatting back here.

AsSweetAsSugar, I think you'd like Tonique. Her workouts have a dancy quality and as I recently discovered, you can take it at your own pace to make them work for whatever level.

T2B Good job on getting your 2nd vaccine, hope any side effects were light. Mine is scheduled for this Saturday.

allgirlsinAZ - BIG UPS to you for completing EPIC II! I'm back to ambling my way through EPIC, and already considering what I'll do when I finish. Was EPIC II a lot harder?
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 01:44 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bex, lol I though it was like a secret code, deciphering messages and such. I guess I watch too much TV. I'll keep that in mind (about Tonique), going at my own pace sounds better that trying to match her speed.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 10:09 AM  
AnMrsDe

Bex, haha, I can't speak for the other ladies, ASAS, your response cracked me up! But it's my laziness that is my excuse! And, if I don't think I have anything important to add, I don't bother posting back here, LOL! It does seem like we're more quiet this month as a whole. I blame Cher not being around, LOL!//Glad you enjoyed Heather's booty workout -those booty workouts TOTALLY make a huge difference with the right resistance band!! Love my wide fabric band! That stretch was good too.

Allgirlsinaz, Are you going to make your summer sizzle even more with the Heat Rotation, you being from AZ and all?

T2B, $5 is unbelievable for those wrist weights and if they work as intended, money well spent! I may have to brave the rain to get to TJ. I may also have to p/u another "kneeling pad" from there....that has been a god-send for my painful palm as a cushion for bodyweight moves. But, I need to stay away from the workout clothes & shoes...had way too good of luck lately! :0)

Jane, hope you're hanging in there! New workouts to create more motivation, yes! Whatever it takes, right?

Hello Linda! Haven't heard from you lately!

And Hello to all~~~ Have a great Tuesday!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-21, 07:20 AM  
T2B

bex - Sore arm after the 1st jab. Sore arm and a headache for a few hours after the 2nd jab. Same for my DD except she didn’t have a headache. Good luck with your 2nd jab. Sometimes I only have time to post in one place, especially during my work week. .

AsSweet - ha, ha.

AnMrsDe - I tried my wrist weights. Bulky looking but they do the intended job so I don’t care about that. Did you make it TJ Maxx? Their exercise equipment is inexpensive. At one point I saw the Halle Berry ankle/wrist weights and they looked exactly like Jillian’s. Seems like celebrities are licensing their face/name to products that are the exact same products, made by the same company.

Cher - hope your surgery went well.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 06:55 AM  
Cher

Thanks for thinking of me everyone! Had my cataract surgery on my right eye Monday. It went well. So weird that I can see distance without a contact or glasses. I can see leaves on the trees clear and everything is a lot brighter and more colorful. We popped the lense out of my glasses for my right eye thinking I could wear my glasses to see out of my left......but, no, that doesn’t work. I see double if I put the glasses like that on. So, Currently wearing a contact in my left eye but will have to quit that Sunday in prep for my left eye surgery a week from Friday. I guess I’ll be seeing with just one eye next week until surgery next Friday. Also, I can’t do any weight lifting or cardio until probably a week or 2 after my left eye surgery so all I can do right now is walking. So, I’ve gone for walks the last 2 days.

AnMrsDe, you crack me up blaming me for it being quiet around here!

Pat, how are you doing after your surgery? I hope your recovering well too.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 07:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm so bad for checking in!!!

First of all, thank you for the birthday wishes. I really appreciate. I am now the ripe old age of 63 and just can't believe it. My baby boy is going to be 40 next year. It seems like years and it seems like a couple weeks went by at the same time.

Knock on wood my cataract surgery came out good. The last one caused me to have a vitreous detachment so I was scared to death, but the new doctor was wonderful.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 10:07 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Pat Happy Belated birthday! I know just what you mean about it seeming so long and like a blink of the eye at the same time. I’m glad that your surgery went well!

Cher That has to be weird having one good eye and one bad! I hope your second eye goes as well as your first! Your workouts will be there waiting when you get back at it.

AnMrsDe I’m so glad that you’re enjoying your elliptical! It’s nice to have a low impact option that gets your heart rate up. How are your wrists feeling? Are they better in the warm weather?

AllgirlsinAZ Congrats on finishing Epic 2!!! Awesome!! I think that 5lb jump for upper body is a lot too. I remember using my weighted gloves and ankle weights to try to bridge it but it’s not super comfortable.

Bex Your weekend getaway sounded really nice! You’re doing a great job getting through Epic and listening to your body. I feel like a lot of instructors, especially in YouTube are really shoulder heavy.

TB2 I love seeing what Marshall’s has in that little fitness department! There’s a TJ closer to me but my Marshall’s has a much better selection but it hasn’t been the same since Covid. It just doesn’t seem like there’s as much stuff anymore. It has seriously been years since I did Cathe’s lower body blast but I remember it being hard!

ASAS I second Bex’s Tonique recommendation. I do think you’d like them. Just go at your pace. Sylwia is actually really encouraging! I’m glad you’re back checking in with us. You always bring the sunshine

Linda It sounds crazy but I never realized that was a kettlebell in your avatar. I thought it was a hippity hop Why anyone would have that in their avatar I have no idea!! It would be fun to have an adult sized one.

I’ll try to be better at checking in! I always enjoy reading the comments in the back. My work hours are going to be changing in a week and I’ll be working days again!! I’m so excited!! I planning on more high impact cardio but I do enjoy those rebounder workouts. I’m just looking forward to having more energy and seeing my husband everyday.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts