Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-27-21, 06:53 PM  
Cher

Just letting whoever is interested know, I won’t be tracking my workouts for May. I’ll be on our vacation next week and then I have to have cataract surgery on my right eye on May 17 and my left eye on May 28 so I’m not sure what (if any) workouts besides walking I will be allowed to do. Just figured I may not have much to track between that and vacation, so I’ll just skip May here. I’ll probably be popping in though to see what everyone else is up too!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 08:09 PM  
AnMrsDe

Cher, thanks for the heads up so we won’t worry. Please do pop in and let us know how your surgeries go. Best wishes for a successful (two) and a very fun vacation!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 08:55 PM  
T2B

Did y’all see the post at Cathe’s site that the pre-order for the new workouts will start tomorrow?

Cher - of course we’re interested...have a fantastic vacation and good luck on your surgeries. Check in with an update when you can.

Chrys - good to see you!

AnMrsDe Good find on the elliptical.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 05:12 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe & T2B, I sure will pop in next month and let you all know how it goes. Needless to say I’m a bit nervous about the surgery since it’s my eyes and your awake but “comfortable.” It just sounds pretty creepy to me. They tell me I shouldn’t need glasses or contacts anymore after the surgery so I’m trying to look forward to that since my eyes are SO bad. My glasses are so thick that I never wear them and always wear my contacts.

I’m preordering the new Cathe’s but I’m debating about shipping. It is only $2 more for UPS 2-day shipping here than USPS Priority. I thought for $2 do the 2 Day but we will be on vacation for a week the end of July and since we don’t know when they will ship, I don’t want them sitting on my porch for a week with UPS. If I just do USPS , it will take longer but if I’m gone, the post office will hold it with the rest of my mail. I wish I knew when they will be in. I probably will end up just doing USPS.
Old 04-29-21, 06:36 AM  
T2B

Cher - I can understand being a little creeped out about someone messing with your eyes. I have only worn contacts 2 times since COVID started. And of course, I wear my sunglasses over my glasses. A coworker recently had cataract surgery. Technology has improved so much and everything went really well for her. Just think how cool it will be to not have to wear glasses or contacts anymore.

Decisions, decisions about Cathe... sounds like USPS will be the best choice since you will be out of town. I’m getting everything! Those carrying cases looks like those clear make up bags, ha! I’m debating if I want the downloads, too!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 05:40 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Cher Have a great vacation and pleased pop in and let us know how your surgery goes. If it makes you feel any better, when I took my dad for his cataract surgeries he was pretty loopy when he came out so I’m betting they give you good drugs for the operation. I think I would need them! Good luck!

AnMrsDe I haven’t been spinning, sadly I feel a little out of shape for spinning. I know that really isn’t true but I hate that humbled feeling. It’s silly the way I feel. My husband has been on the bike 3 times a week so at least it’s getting used. Maybe I’ll try a Cathe spin.

Chrys I’m glad your getting some walks in and I hope you continue to improve. Hopefully the good energy days are more frequent.

I’m interested in Cathe’s new DVDs and will preorder but I think I’m just getting the DVDs. I already have fabric hip loops and I’ll just order fabric bands on Amazon so I don’t have to pay shipping on them. It’s still 4.95 for shipping unless I get something else that takes me to $50 but I have all the DVDs.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 05:39 AM  
Cher

T2B, Glad to hear your co-workers cataract surgery went well. I love hearing that. I did end up preordering yesterday and just went with the USPS shipping just in case I’m on vacation when they ship. I didn’t get downloads because I really hate dragging my computer to my workout area and I rarely ever workout up north or on vacation to worry about taking them with me. . But, I did order both dvds and the bands.

Jane, kind of good to hear your dad was kind of loopy after his cataract surgery.
Old 04-30-21, 02:30 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Well, the second vaccine ended up wiping me out for about a week. I guess that means it worked? . I've been going back and forth from old to new house, still moving heavy boxes, etc. I am calling that a workout! Lol

Do I need the new Cathe band workouts.... hmmm, she is the queen of bands. I think I do!

I plan to join along in May. I need to get back to something...

Cher, I will be thinking of you during your surgery. I have retinoschisis in my right eye that so far appears to be age-related and doesn't need treatment. I had a glass of wine right after my exam and empathize with you about having someone mess with your eyes. Enjoy your vacation!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 02:47 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealakey View Post

Cher, I will be thinking of you during your surgery. I have retinoschisis in my right eye that so far appears to be age-related and doesn't need treatment. I had a glass of wine right after my exam and empathize with you about having someone mess with your eyes. Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you Beth!
Old 04-30-21, 04:58 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg View Post
April

30. Rest - I have an infected bug bite. They are treating it with antibiotics for Lyme disease which is making me feel really sick all day. Waiting for blood test to hopefully come back negative for Lyme. I am not sure when I will feel back up to an actual workout.
Oh no, amg!! Hoping your blood tests come back negative for Lyme! Take it easy and rest up and come back when you can. Prayers sent your way!

Also, prayers sent for Cher and Pat for their upcoming eye surgeries. Take care, ladies, and let us know how things go!

Elsie, good luck with all your packing/moving! Hope to see you back in June?

Beth, OF COURSE you need the new Cathe's!! Wednesday I ordered the first option - everything except the downloads. I went ahead and ordered all the bands too...in case the intensity of my bands won't work, I'll have hers. Between the two sets, one of them will have to work, right?? I opted for priority shipping since it was only $1 more than ground. Something to look forward to in August! (Yes, I said August...you know it will be!)

*******************On To May********************
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts