Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-21, 04:38 AM  
Nelly G

Beachbody Les Mills Combat

Hi,

I like Illaria, Cathe, Jeanette Jenkings kickboxing and also Billy Blanks.
Did I miss out on Beachbody Les Mills Combat? Please tell me your opinions. Thanks in advance.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 10:13 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I enjoy Body Combat a lot, though not sure if the Beachbody version is still available. Les Mills regularly adds new workouts to their paid streaming channel. In general, the program has high production values and is very structured, with moves that build on each other and tightly choreographed to the music.

Les Mills put out a free program to try on their YouTube channel called Body Combat Invincible, but it looks like most have been removed. You can still find the whole program here: https://www.youtube.com/user/aefales...ery=invincible

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 01:00 PM  
wendug

I missed the Les Mills Bodycombat boat when it was first released, too. I love kickboxing and at the beginning of the pandemic signed up for a free 30 day trial of Les Mills. I enjoy their workouts; I find them fun and challenging. However, their site was hit or miss for me. I don't know if their site wasn't up to the challenge of an increase of viewers at the start of the pandemic, but I had more issues than not with a workout freezing on me. I didn't have that problem with YouTube or Tracie Long streaming, so it was definitely Les Mills' site. Hopefully they got that worked out, but I didn't end up signing up for it. I will say that if you like Ilaria, Cathe, Jeanette Jenkins, and Billy then definitely sign up for a free trial to try some of the Body Combat workouts. I think you will like them!
Old 03-19-21, 02:56 PM  
Nelly G

Thanks for both answering. I will sure do some of the workouts of les Mills Invisible. Is there someone who did or have the 5 Beachbody dvds and can tell me if I buy it from someone if it is worth it because it is expensive. I read the music is not great and I read Ilaria and Cathe are better.
https://2lazy4gym.com/2015/01/09/les-mills-combat/
https://dysfunctionalparrot.com/heal...-mills-combat/
Is the Beachbody Less Mills different from the Les Mills invisible. So what do you think? I appreciate the information.
Old 03-20-21, 11:46 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

The Les Mills Beachbody DVD set is one of my most used ever. I think the music is great and are all covers of familiar, mostly current songs (of course some of the songs may seem a little dated now because the set came out several years ago). There is one Live workout, that is performed in front of a crowd, like on the Les Mills app. But what I like about the set is the fact that the rest of the workouts are filmed with just the instructors. I personally am not a fan of the live crowd workouts, but that's just me. Too much sensory overload or something.

I like the instructors' energy, and Dan and Rach are very consistent and great cuers. There is an emphasis on good form. The moves are performed on the beat. There is a low-impact modifier. These are very well produced workouts.

I wish this set was still a little more available, but you can usually find it on Ebay. This is one that I am never getting rid of, and one I ALWAYS go back to when I've been in a workout slump.

ETA: There's not really a comparison to Cathe as far as I'm concerned. She doesn't really do the same type of workouts. The martial arts form on Les Mills is more of a focus than Cathe's kickboxing workouts. But I think of Cathe's as more of a cardio kickboxing/boxing, while Les Mills I think of as a martial arts workout that gets you hyped, lol!

The comparison to Ilaria is a better one. Both focus on form, but with Ilaria she does a lot more of TIFT (take it from the top) and combo building. It's a little more drill based, I feel, and the combos go on for a long time. Les Mills does a few different combos within the space of a song, then they move on to something new when the song changes. I like both a lot. Ilaria doesn't use current pop music, more electronic beats, while Les Mills uses vocal pop. I like both. But I have to be a little more mentally prepared to do an Ilaria workout. Les Mills, I can pop in and press play and know I'm going to finish.
Old 03-20-21, 03:12 PM  
Nelly G

Stephanie/Zraipel, thank a lot for your information. It sound like a set which I would appreciate. I just did an Illaria workout today and indeed you need to think what you do to follow her.
Old 03-20-21, 04:14 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

MOSSA workouts are similar to Les Mills. I prefer their workouts better. You can get 44 day free trial with code TRYMOSSA44.

https://mossaondemand.net/
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 04:27 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
MOSSA workouts are similar to Les Mills. I prefer their workouts better. You can get 44 day free trial with code TRYMOSSA44.

https://mossaondemand.net/
Thanks for that code! I will give them a try. I've done Les Mills on Demand several times as well, but I always go back to the DVD workouts instead. Again, I think it's just because I don't really like the "live class/audience" feel that most of the Les Mills on Demand workouts have (there was one workout with Dan and Rach on a platform in the middle of the water that I loved, though!!). So I don't know if I'll like MOSSA on Demand any better because of that, but it's worth a try.
Old 03-20-21, 04:42 PM  
sherry7899

I loved Les Mills on demand, but get annoyed when they pan out over the crowd or not show the instructor"s feet.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 05:33 PM  
warriorprincess

Body Combat is my favorite cardio of all time. I also love Les Mills Barre.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, body combat, les mills body combat