Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-20, 05:41 AM  
Cher

Barlates Beginner

I keep looking at Barlates Barre Basics Series and Barlates Gentle Home workouts. Anybody know much about these? I’ve tried a regular Barlates Workout before and it was way to hard. Any thoughts? Debating whether to order during Mary’s sale today or not.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 09:24 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Cher I haven’t tried these but the Gentle ones are free on YouTube so you can try them before you buy. Here’s a link to one https://youtu.be/deugyy2GYqs I like using the dvds for Barlates just because it’s easier to play my own music over Linda’s. That makes Barlates a lot more enjoyable for me. The Tv in my workout room is older so I hook my phone up to it. I would highly recommend the Target 15 workouts (all on YouTube). They’re not easy but they’re great to tack on to a cardio workout and it’s over before you know it!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 09:36 AM  
alisoncooks

Barlates workouts are too much for me...but I do have the Gentle ones bookmarked on YT. I haven't worked up the nerve to try them yet, haha!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 03:12 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
Cher I haven’t tried these but the Gentle ones are free on YouTube so you can try them before you buy. Here’s a link to one https://youtu.be/deugyy2GYqs I like using the dvds for Barlates just because it’s easier to play my own music over Linda’s. That makes Barlates a lot more enjoyable for me. The Tv in my workout room is older so I hook my phone up to it. I would highly recommend the Target 15 workouts (all on YouTube). They’re not easy but they’re great to tack on to a cardio workout and it’s over before you know it!!

Jane
That looks good (although Linda and I have never clicked). I think I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 03:22 PM  
s2546

I love her. I think she is professional, knowledgeable and tough! Really tough but good

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 03:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I like Linda, but her workouts are challenging. I have several & stay away from her long ones, look for ones that are <40 min.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 04:05 PM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

I have been doing her new workouts called Lazy Days series. There are 4 and free on youtube.
These are beginner and slower than her usual workouts.
I tack them on to some short barbell series I am doing right now. Good finishers
Here is one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIQS1Hm9Nn0
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 04:15 PM  
s2546

Beginner intervals may be a good starting point. Target 15 is excellent and worth pursuing

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 06:08 PM  
Fitstick

There are a couple of positive reviews for the Gentle Series on Mary’s site. I used to not click with Linda until I realized that I need to wear shoes even though she is barefoot and that it’s okay to modify as needed. Once I realized this, I was much better off and realized that I enjoy her workouts. They are tough and work me in ways that my other workouts don’t, they are a good addition to my collection because they are unique.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 07:55 PM  
Cher

Thanks everyone! Great suggestions! Maybe I will try some of the YouTube workouts before purchasing a dvd.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge