Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-20, 06:54 PM  
dianestjohn

Linda’s Barlates Body Blitz Feel Good series

Does anyone else find these very challenging? In general I find Linda to be a little too advanced for me - I can do Cathe and many other instructors just fine but Linda’s endless reps slay me the same way Tonique does. I got the Feel Good series thinking it would be kinder and gentler - kinda like Jessica meets Ellen - but I’ve done the first 2 workouts and both times was a sweaty mess, and was frustrated because the challenge was so unexpected - so many reps, constant movement. Sigh. I so wanted to be a Linda person since I greatly admire her and know she’s a good instructor but now I feel I’ll never really be a member of the club
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 11:38 PM  
Fitstick

I am right there with you! But I have discovered that her total body workouts are much better for me, they don’t seem as grueling. Have you tried her double or triple burn workouts? She also has some gentle workouts recently released on YouTube that you may want to check out. I am enjoying some of her workouts but I usually only try them once a week! I know they are good for me because they work muscles I must not be using with Cathe, they are definitely killer in a different way.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 08:41 AM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
Does anyone else find these very challenging? In general I find Linda to be a little too advanced for me - I can do Cathe and many other instructors just fine but Linda’s endless reps slay me the same way Tonique does. I got the Feel Good series thinking it would be kinder and gentler - kinda like Jessica meets Ellen - but I’ve done the first 2 workouts and both times was a sweaty mess, and was frustrated because the challenge was so unexpected - so many reps, constant movement. Sigh. I so wanted to be a Linda person since I greatly admire her and know she’s a good instructor but now I feel I’ll never really be a member of the club
I think I could have written this post! My feelings exactly.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 10:16 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I like Linda, but I don't think I've ever finished even one of her workouts. Too hard, too much!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 02:50 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Linda is really helping me get to where I want to be. I am a big fan of hers. I am right there with you when you say she is hard. That mountain I must climb.
Old 06-16-20, 03:02 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I have several of hers, but I don't think I've finished one either. I just don't click with her. Maybe the lack of music has a lot to do with it. I'm not sure I've even tried all the ones I have (5 or 6?)
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 06:58 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I really like Linda but feel as most of you do that she can be deceptively hard. I preview and think ... how bad can this be .... and then I find out.
I did Quiet Quarantine Fit Ball and loved that one. Also liked her Resistance Stretching. I will keep at it as I like the moves.
She has a new one called Lazy Days. It is beginner. I think I will try it.
Old 06-16-20, 09:30 PM  
Fitstick

I got the stretch set thinking it would be relaxing and again, the workouts were so hard! I agree that they look much easier than they actually are.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 09:37 PM  
alisoncooks

Have you tried the Gentle series? https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Gen...Bli-p/z263.htm

They're the only Barlates I've ever looked at and thought: I might could do that!

(I think they're also on YouTube.)
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 06:38 AM  
Cher

Good to hear I’m not the only one that eels like this about her workouts.

Alison, that set looks good too.
I have had this set in my Wish List on Mary’s site and have gone back and forth about getting it for a long time. https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Bar...dge-p/2077.htm
I wonder how this compares to the one you posted as far as how hard they are.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, barlates body blitz, feel good series, linda wooldridge