Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-20, 06:32 PM  
olala

New Tonique

There are new 3 new Tonique workouts: Australia, NY Bench, and Paris.
I cant download any of them, the file maybe damaged?
Who else is having problem with this issue?
I contacted Sylwia, an she said the files are fine. This is not the first time when files are broken.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 07:54 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

I bought Australia and Paris on Sunday and couldn't download them. I had to email Sylwia several times before she resent the files and I was able to download them on Tuesday. Then I saw she also released the New York workout, so I bought that on Tuesday and have not been able to download it. She emailed me yesterday saying that the file was fixed, but it's not. It is a 90 min workout, but it will only download about 300MB and then stops. I do not have an Instagram account so I can't always see people's posts, but it looks like others have been having issues. It's pretty frustrating b/c if she knew there were so many problems with the files, why still have them up for purchase? It took so many months just to get her new website up and running...why not just shut it down until everything is fixed? I'll let you know if I hear back from her again.

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 01:52 PM  
Dontmindthemess

I bought both Australia and Paris as well as Rt 27. I was only able to download Australia and I got an error notification for the other two. I’ve sent two emails and haven’t gotten a response back. I’ve been sick all week so I haven’t even tried the one I downloaded yet but I find the lack of response irritating especially since Sylwia is so active on instagram. My next step will be commenting on one of her instagram posts.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 03:52 PM  
Theeearn

I am sorry to hear about the problems you ladies have had with the downloads. Thank you for letting us know. I was going to purchase ATM but will hold off for now. I did have issues with the mexico downloads not being able to transfer over from my pc to iPad via iTunes. I emailed her about it and I don’t recall there was a response. I will save my money for barlates and another month of Cathe on demand for now.
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 09:15 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Well I bought all three, I'm not really sure why I purchased them right now since I have a knee injury and can't even try them out I am living vicariously through my future self that will really enjoy these

Anyway my download links came into my junk file, but once I found it, I was able to download them all just fine.

Paris is 59 minutes and the description says it is easier, I'm thrilled Sylwia is finally rating the intensity level of her workouts! Upon preview, it definitely does look easier. It's mostly standing squats/lunges with only a very small amount of downdog/handstands/breakdance moves. She uses the ledge of a fountain (about a foot high) to assist her doing these exercises, instead of the ground. It is a good modification that I've done at home with the short 6" part of the Fanny Lifter step! Here is a review from Linda (Barlates) from Instagram for Paris:
Quote:
barlates_body_blitz
Which workout did you do today? I did #Toniquefitness Paris plus a bit of buti style stretching.
I was a bit disappointed with Paris. Although it was a solid 59 minute long workout it had no new moves in it. It was very standard tonique with no fun combinations just lots and lots of reps of very similar moves. For example, to start with you do this lunge to kick combination and you do nearly 50 reps each of lunge to side kick, then lunge to cross body kick, then lunge to front kick. By the time you finish those nearly 150 reps you are bored to tears. I really had to focus on zoning out with this workout. There is one small section of downdog raises to front leg plants and one hand stand exercise, but apart from that it is all squats, lunges and kicks, with hardly any level changes. It's not going to be a go-to workout for me. I much preferred the last 3 newer Toniques.
Australia is 46 minutes filmed on the beach, all mat work like the description said. There is her standard mat fare in this one: table with leg kicks, down dog with leg lifts, side laying side lifts, prone abs where her legs go way over her head, some of those split-style pushups, and unlike her previous workouts, she has a few headstand work with leg movement above her. That part of the workout definitely looks intense.

New York Step - despite being 90 minutes this actually looks a little easier to me (refreshing to me since I'll be starting small when my knee heals). The moves look very familiar but instead of going from standing to floor, it's going from standing to a weight bench. So a standing lunge then transition to kneeling on the weight bench and do table leg raises. Then handstands and roll onto the bench on your back this time and lift your legs, almost like a modified version of her breakdance? Then standing to roll your side body onto the bench for side leg lifts. Some moves where you straddle the bench and do squats over the bench, then knee on the bench to do table work. She also does some leg press type work mixed in with leg lifts and table. Towards the very end she does some downdog type leg lifts but with her feet elevated on the bench, like modified wall work. This one makes me the most excited! It's the most different of the three from her usual stuff in the past. I will say you would have to have the right kind of bench to be able to do this workout.

Waves to everyone!
Old 01-17-20, 10:01 PM  
Theeearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Well I bought all three, I'm not really sure why I purchased them right now since I have a knee injury and can't even try them out I am living vicariously through my future self that will really enjoy these

Anyway my download links came into my junk file, but once I found it, I was able to download them all just fine.

Paris is 59 minutes and the description says it is easier, I'm thrilled Sylwia is finally rating the intensity level of her workouts! Upon preview, it definitely does look easier. It's mostly standing squats/lunges with only a very small amount of downdog/handstands/breakdance moves. She uses the ledge of a fountain (about a foot high) to assist her doing these exercises, instead of the ground. It is a good modification that I've done at home with the short 6" part of the Fanny Lifter step! Here is a review from Linda (Barlates) from Instagram for Paris:

Australia is 46 minutes filmed on the beach, all mat work like the description said. There is her standard mat fare in this one: table with leg kicks, down dog with leg lifts, side laying side lifts, prone abs where her legs go way over her head, some of those split-style pushups, and unlike her previous workouts, she has a few headstand work with leg movement above her. That part of the workout definitely looks intense.

New York Step - despite being 90 minutes this actually looks a little easier to me (refreshing to me since I'll be starting small when my knee heals). The moves look very familiar but instead of going from standing to floor, it's going from standing to a weight bench. So a standing lunge then transition to kneeling on the weight bench and do table leg raises. Then handstands and roll onto the bench on your back this time and lift your legs, almost like a modified version of her breakdance? Then standing to roll your side body onto the bench for side leg lifts. Some moves where you straddle the bench and do squats over the bench, then knee on the bench to do table work. She also does some leg press type work mixed in with leg lifts and table. Towards the very end she does some downdog type leg lifts but with her feet elevated on the bench, like modified wall work. This one makes me the most excited! It's the most different of the three from her usual stuff in the past. I will say you would have to have the right kind of bench to be able to do this workout.

Waves to everyone!

Thanks for the breakdowns of the new workouts. The Paris workout sounds great.
Good to know a about the bench. I have a regular step but from the sounds of it; that may not work.
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 04:22 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

To anyone having download trouble--

I emailed Sylwia yet again yesterday morning and she said she forwarded it to the IT person. While I never heard anything back from IT, I just went on the Tonique website and was able to download the NY workout when I accessed it from my orders. So maybe give that a try and it will work now?

I have to say I'm really disappointed with her customer service this go around, and I am one of her biggest fans and own all of her workouts. Like Jane said, it's irritating that the communication has been so poor, yet she is not too busy to post pictures of herself ad nauseam on Instagram.

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 04:38 PM  
s2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post

I emailed Sylwia yet again yesterday morning and she said she forwarded it to the IT person. While I never heard anything back from IT, I just went on the Tonique website and was able to download the NY workout when I accessed it from my orders. So maybe give that a try and it will work now?

I have to say I'm really disappointed with her customer service this go around, and I am one of her biggest fans and own all of her workouts. Like Jane said, it's irritating that the communication has been so poor, yet she is not too busy to post pictures of herself ad nauseam on Instagram.
Christina

"This"
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 09:39 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post

Christina
Thank you so much Christina! I did this and was able to download the other ones. I like Sylwia’s workouts, but A simple email response would have done the trick and would not left a bad taste for me.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 01:44 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I follow Sylwia on instagram and she just announced another new workout, CR2 which is in the 90 minute range:

https://www.toniquefitness.com/product/cr2/

Tags
tonique, tonique download