Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-19, 06:36 PM  
katmom

Lauren Brooks' Playground

Are any VF'er's still members of Lauren's Playground? If so, are you still enjoying it? Is the content updated frequently? Do you use it?
Old 06-03-19, 07:06 AM  
deineira

Hi,
I was a founding member when the playground first opened, and then I dropped the subscription. I signed up again a few weeks ago because I've just been drifting around without a plan and I wanted to get some discipline. The site has grown a lot since I left a couple of years ago. There are about a dozen or so programs there now and a lot of them (not all) come with a rotation. The thing I like about the site is that all workouts in a program are grouped together, so I feel the site is easy to navigate that way. Lauren is such a thorough and calm instructor, I find her really enjoyable to workout out with. She's actually going to close open registration to the site in a little bit (did not specify when), so if you want to check it out, this would be a good time to do so. I don't know how often she updates content since I wasn't subbed for so long, but it seems like she puts new stuff up on a regular basis. The video quality is good as well. All in all, I've belonged to a lot of different streaming sites and I think hers is one of the easiest to use because she actually puts up entire programs, not just random workouts. There's content for all levels and all goals here as well. Some targeted programs for working on specific areas (upper body, glutes) as well as programs organized by goals (fat loss, strength).

There's also a FB group for members where Lauren is really accessible, which is a nice bonus.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-19, 06:30 PM  
katmom

I caved last night when I saw her email about closing it. I haven’t had a chance to review the content yet, but it appears to offer plenty of options.
Old 06-04-19, 07:55 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I have been a member off and on, and just rejoined to be in before membership closes. There is a good variety of programs for all levels, and Lauren does consistently add new content. The membership is pricey compared to other streaming sites, but kettlebells are pretty specialized, and it is a lot less than in-person training. Kettlebells are the mainstay of my fitness focus (along with reformer pilates), so for me this is worth it. It is definitely worth $35 to check it out for a month!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 10:14 AM  
deineira

Lauren received several suggestions to start posting weekly rotations, and it looks like she's going to be doing this. They will be added to the site in some format in the future, but now she's posting them to the FB group. She's a bit of a minimalist, so it's not a 6 day workout schedule like you'd usually see, but she recommended 3 workouts + a bonus for this week. This gives plenty of time to add on other things. Just an FYI for those considering if this site is worthwhile to them...
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 05:05 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Here's an email I received today from Lauren:

Happy Tuesday all! Three years ago my dream came true. I released a gym that people all over the world can access to any time of day and from every device, computer, TV, you name it. I have many of the same founding members from 3 years ago still happy as a clam seeing incredible life changing results being apart of Lauren's Playground. In just a few days I've made the decision to not accept new members any time. This way I can focus on all of the current members and the new members coming in for the next few days before I close down open registration. I don't know when I'll open it again. Am I making a big mistake? Many may feel I am, but every core of my being is telling me to close down open registration temporarily for the reasons in this video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=HyP4CEQwg6g
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 08:29 AM  
Exercise Diva

I just signed up for this for my husband. I think it's going to be a one-month thing but he may really love it. I don't see any way to cancel, however. Can you cancel directly from the site or do you have to send an email.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 07:31 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I believe you need to send an email. They are responsive, though. I had no trouble canceling.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 11:17 AM  
katmom

Lauren announced registration to the Playground will close Monday Jun 10 at noon eastern.
Old 06-09-19, 01:04 PM  
ADoll

If I join the monthly subscription, would I be able to switch to yearly or lifelong if I love it?
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lauren brooks