Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-18, 07:05 PM  
Sharaz

I’m glad you are feeling better!! Count me as one who enjoy and crave the cardio induced endorphins. My sprints, step, boxing, aerobics and dance put me in a good mood. There are many articles out there touching this topic.
Old 12-16-18, 07:34 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Julia, I'm glad you're feeling better.

I can relate. Cardio burns off any fog of sad feelings for me in a way that strength training doesn't.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-18, 11:47 PM  
anetta

I agree with getting outside, even in the cold.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

I know you like your CS, I do a CS every morning, but still have to get outside to walk or ride my bike, I feel like the CS compliments my other workouts.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-18, 07:20 AM  
anjabear

Thanks everyone,

I've known for years that I need it. I simply let it slide; to my detriment. For me it was the vigorous cardio that I let slide. And the need to spend more time outdoors being with nature. I never thought of it as the sun more like the plants and animals. My father gets depressed without sun though...

Thank you all for your responses. I need to learn how to quote many people inside my posts

Dorothy, your avatar cats are beautiful
Old 12-17-18, 08:24 AM  
LaurieS

Cool I love exercising outside, but the cold deters me.

Also clouds! I'd love to know what you all wear and how you get yourself out the door on the cloudy, cold days of winter! I know being outside is best for me.
LaurieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-18, 08:42 AM  
owltx

Yup, cardio and mood control here too. I am glad you figured it out. I need those sweat sessions and heart pounding workouts - as you say, especially when it has been grey day after grey day.
Old 12-17-18, 09:10 AM  
Exercise Diva

I've never thought of the connection between cardio and my moods, but this a.m. I got up early (usually impossible for this night owl) and did 25 minutes of rebounding followed by a several sun salutations. My husband said that I must have slept really well because I was chatty and I'm usually not in the morning. I'm going to try to get myself up early even if it's just to do 20-30 minutes of cardio.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-18, 09:35 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Yup, cardio and mood control here too. I am glad you figured it out. I need those sweat sessions and heart pounding workouts - as you say, especially when it has been grey day after grey day.
It's amazing how the sweat sessions give you a new perspective on life! Happy sweating Stephanie!
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-18, 10:01 AM  
daisymae

I had been going through the same thing. Recently I had been focusing on doing mainly Essentrics and CS because I sometimes think my other exercise makes my thighs look more bulky. But I found myself feeling down, unmotivated and unsatisfied. Also, I sometimes felt like I would tweak a knee and my lower back would get sore from all the forward bending/reaching and not having enough counter movements to balance it out making me further discouraged. I did Jessica Smith's Feel Good Fusion Cardio Flow after yet another disappointing CS workout and my lower back, knees and my mind were so much happier! I really need cardio in my life as well. My body and mind feel so much better!!
daisymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-18, 10:58 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Yes, cardio is such a great stress reliever for me! I miss it greatly if I don't do it! It improves my mood too, I don't feel so cranky, lol.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depression, endorphins