Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-17, 10:37 AM  
mbcatac7

Callanetics

I wish this was more fun and exciting, because the results are amazing. I have done this from the book on and off since I was 14, and now I am 42. Always had great results, but never could do it long term.

Well decided to do the online streaming and start with Lacey 30 day Countdown. I am alternating my days with Pilates with Lisa. I have been seeing good results with Lisa.
But there is something about Callanetics. Some things you only see with that program. I just completed day #9 yesterday, and my butt has lifted a lot. And you know it's from Callanetics because that is how your butt looks from doing Callanetics. It's the Callanetics butt lift. My body just slims down and lifts with this program. My legs just firm up fast with those few short leg exercises. I can do crossfit, run, weights, lunges, squats, etc and nothing lifts and takes it in as fast as Callanetics for me. Even other Barre workouts don't give me these type of results. I just wish it was more exciting and fun, and the instructors were more engaging.
Old 12-14-17, 11:35 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Glad you are getting great results from Callanetics. I know what you mean about the "Callanetics Results (tm)". I don't know what to tell you about the fun factor. I know Callanetics isn't fireworks exciting but I always found that the level of concentration it takes to be engaging enough. In fact, I find other barre workouts to have distractions that are annoying. Some barre workout only go up to 30 reps on an exercise, and do more exercises per muscle group and I feel like they change exercises too quickly...like I'm just beginning to get into the exercise and then we have to stop. I found another barre workout to be irritating with its canned music and the instructor doing her rhythmic "aerobics" counting.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 11:42 AM  
marki64

I have her Express dvd. I did it once, but I also have a hard time getting motivated to do it. I always want to incorporate it with another workout, but I always seem to run out of time ( and ambition). I know I won't order anymore of hers.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 11:45 AM  
mbcatac7

Going to keep going with it. My goal is to finish the 30 day Countdown.
Old 12-14-17, 12:04 PM  
BunnyHop

My favorite was always the AM/PM dvd, since that made it so easy to fit in my schedule.

Callanetics is deceptively tough though. I haven't attempted it this year.
Old 12-16-17, 12:34 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I just ordered the new Core Assets DVD, I will have to try it. What appeals to me is the shorter segements, I have never done Callenetics but I think a lengthy segment would be difficult for me to get into.

Thanks for posting about your results, my can could use a lift right about now.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 04:32 PM  
marki64

I did Callanetics Express lower body as an add on this morning. My legs got a good burn in that short time. I have very little flexibility, like the guy in there, but I made it through. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
callanetics