Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-16, 07:15 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Each episode is only 18 minutes of workout time, if you don't count warmup and cool down plus it's not full body. I do three at once, skipping the middle warmups and cool downs. That way I get 54 min. of actual exercise.
Thanks, do you do that a couple times a week? I may try it this way instead of one doing one every day.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 07:22 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Those of you that use her Unplugged or other episode workouts, how do you use them? Do you mainly do one a day or do you combine more than one on the same day? Also, how many episodes do you do a week? I just got Unplugged 1900 from the Father's Day Sale and pretty much did one everyday .......
When I'm using them, I do one daily as an evening "duster" after work. I do my main workout in the morning so the shorter evening workout is all about waking/stretching my muscles after a long shift. The short sessions work great for that.
Old 07-04-16, 06:34 AM  
Sara1000

It's true hers are not total body - her workouts all seem to be designed to use for splits. I like doing short workouts in addition to walking so I figure if I am consistent with Margaret I will work my whole body twice during each week. I plan to add a Cathe total body workout once a week also.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-16, 02:23 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Thanks, do you do that a couple times a week? I may try it this way instead of one doing one every day.
I do weights three times a week and walk most days.
Old 07-12-16, 07:43 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
I noticed last night my abs are pulling in and firming, yay!. I think it's because Joyce has you do 3 sets of everything. Her upper body and abs are tough. I wish Margaret had more splits. It would be fun to figure out a Joyce/Margaret split rotation.
~Beth
I'm not surprised to hear your results - that's great! I'm waiting on some of Joyce's books to arrive. I wish Margaret had at least one dvd in Joyce's style - 3 sets of everything but less reps than MR normally does, and heavier weights. But I guess they each have their own preferences.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 07:44 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
So to all you Margaret Richards fans, what are your three most favorite Margaret DVDs?
My top favourites would have to be the two Unplugged series and My Body of Work Unplugged. And if I had to choose between the two series I'd pick 2000. (Good 'n Strong would also have made the list if Margaret had substituted classical music for the muzak, or else Spanish music, or no music).
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 02:39 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

OLD THREAD ALERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I even purchased the downloads, found out they don't work for me and my money was refunded within two days.
Pat, or anyone who has recent experience with Margaret's downloads, why didn't the downloads work?

also, if you order the 1900 or 2000 unplugged series, are the individual episodes also chaptered by exercise the way her DVDs are chaptered?

anyone have a successful experience with buying, downloading, and playing back the downloads?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 06:17 AM  
JAKAJB2015

Margaret Richard cardio ?

This is my first post in a long time . But after all the years of exercising I never was interested in her ( just like Charlene Prickett) but I just acquired 3 of her dvds off of Facebook marketplace. I viewed just a few minutes they all seem like body sculpting videos. Are any of hers aerobics?

Thanks ! April
JAKAJB2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 06:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

No, MR is basically high rep low weight strength training. I think she may have one or two older aerobics videos but that's definitely not her usual type of workout.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 06:44 AM  
JAKAJB2015

Margaret Richard cardio ?

Thank you summerbreeze
JAKAJB2015 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body electric, favorite margaret richard, good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard sale, margaret richards, unplugged