Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-16, 06:26 PM  
lorajc

Modify where needed and don't do them back to back.......i think that helps......i think the way the rotation is written is overtraining! And an injury waiting to happen.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 01:42 AM  
caragoub
VF Supporter

I live in Brittany, Western France, where it's beautiful, grey, windy, desolate... A bit like the coast of Ireland. Today outside it's grey and about 60°F. But we're having our BBQ tonight anyway b/c it's just never nice out, so what're you gonna do...

OF COURSE - it didn't occur to me that I absolutely shouldn't follow their proposed schedule. I was looking at it everyday like a brainless robot. Hmmm. However - I'm just a few days in and though sore, I can see muscles in my abs ! My arms are thin so those change quickly - but abs...? Wow...
Yet I take these responses as cautionary tales - we are going hiking for two weeks in the Alps and one of my motivators was to get ready for that - but if I hurt something that would be incredibly dumb. N'est-ce-pas.

I actually liked the Slim in 6 series (shows my age) so maybe I will try 21 day fix and mix things up that way...

Bises les filles
Cara
Old 06-04-16, 06:12 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caragoub View Post
I live in Brittany, Western France, where it's beautiful, grey, windy, desolate... A bit like the coast of Ireland. Today outside it's grey and about 60°F. But we're having our BBQ tonight anyway b/c it's just never nice out, so what're you gonna do...

OF COURSE - it didn't occur to me that I absolutely shouldn't follow their proposed schedule. I was looking at it everyday like a brainless robot. Hmmm. However - I'm just a few days in and though sore, I can see muscles in my abs ! My arms are thin so those change quickly - but abs...? Wow...
Yet I take these responses as cautionary tales - we are going hiking for two weeks in the Alps and one of my motivators was to get ready for that - but if I hurt something that would be incredibly dumb. N'est-ce-pas.

I actually liked the Slim in 6 series (shows my age) so maybe I will try 21 day fix and mix things up that way...

Bises les filles
Cara
I lasted a week with the BB rotation as written, then realized I would quit if I didn't change it around. Every other day is working much better, and I'm eliminating the workouts that feel too rushed or an accident waiting to happen.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 09:49 AM  
TinaT

Cynthia is one of the reasons I'm trying 21DF. I've read many of her posts and decided I needed to try it. I also enjoy some of the same instructors personalities as she does. Thank you Cynthia! At my age (51), I just want the scale to move slowly in the right direction. H&C looks intimidating to me, so it's not even on my radar. Good luck.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hammer and chisel, over 50