Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-27-15, 03:01 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question "Addiction" heavy bag workout breakdowns?

I bought DH the "Addiction" heavy bag workout set for Christmas. There isn't any kind of booklet or info other than the DVDs. I checked the website and there is not much info there either.

I found good reviews here on VF which is why I bought the set.

Does anyone have breakdowns (or, even descriptions) of the different workouts on the different DVDs? Any ideas for a rotation?

TIA!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 03:08 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Well, finding rotation info may be a waste of time. DH and I previewed the Instructional DVD and he said he thought the form and form pointers were bad. He thought her roundhouse kick was bad.

We watched a couple of the discs and they all seemed pretty much the same, just punches and kicks in a different order.

For kickboxing/boxing, he likes Michael Olajide, Billy Blanks and Aaron Lankford's Powerkicks.

Anyhoo, if anyone does have some sort of breakdown of the workouts, that would be helpful. (Maybe...)

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 12-29-15, 02:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

So, no one has these or is doing Addiction anymore....

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 12-29-15, 07:17 PM  
Irisg1

I have the Addiction workouts, but I bought it way back when it first came out and I don't remember a whole lot about it. Like you mentioned, I also found that they were all pretty similar, and it's more the order that's changed up. I couldn't even think of how to use them in a rotation, other than to just use them as cardio workouts. I don't think it even matters which one you choose to do, since they are all pretty similar.
Old 12-29-15, 07:28 PM  
Cassy

I had them too and don't think many people had the set if i remember right. I agree they were all very similar. I don't have a heavy bag anymore. They were good workouts but nothing to keep you interested long term.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-15, 11:20 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the replies!

I guess I got swept up in the older threads with the raves.

I don't know if he will try them or not. We have a heavy bag (named "Bob") and I try to find new workouts to use with it.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 12-30-15, 11:30 AM  
jenn38

I have Addiction and was thinking of pulling it out next week. From what I remember she does everything on one side and then the other. So the first half of the workout she will say "right side out" and then she will have a brief break and start out by saying "left side out". There is a small timer in the corner that counts down the move and she will cue the next move while doing the current move.

The beginning of each workout she gives a brief description of what moves are on that individual workout. Each workout is approximately 45 minutes.

There is not much of a warm up if any on the workouts that I recall.

I'm writing this all from memory and have not done the workouts in a while so sorry if I made any errors.

Tags
addiction, heavy bag, kickboxing