Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-15, 08:57 PM  
lorajc

What Workouts/Routines are You Focusing On Currently?

Well, since the Video Biz seems to have taken a nose-dive....I need to start getting excited about what I have and start utilizing some of the programs that I have not gotten into.....so here we go! I can't seem to even browse dvds any longer to get that motiviation like it used to be when Collage was the "old" Collage, and I'm not really complaining here, as I haven't worked for 3 years....so my pocketbook can't handle the abuse it used to take (I'm trying to get a perfume oil biz started for myself...gave up on a real job)......so....

I was just wondering:

1. What are your goals?

2. What is your body type?

3. What have you been focusing on?

4. What are you planning for the Fall?

5. If you had a free gift DVD or 2 - what would they be? or 1 System?

Thanks everyone!!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 06:56 AM  
killoffsonny

1. What are your goals? I'd really like to tone up my slightly saggy arms but not sure it's possible at my age and with arthritic shoulders

2. What is your body type? I'm pretty much straight up and down with slight hour glass I guess. Ectomorph who has added fat as I've aged

3. What have you been focusing on? My arms.

4. What are you planning for the Fall? Probably not much different than I'm doing now although I will be working part time in the fall so that could put a damper on some things. I do about 75% of my workouts at the gym. I go to classes. An aerobic/toning class, pilates and sometimes yoga.

5. If you had a free gift DVD or 2 - what would they be? or 1 System? No system but I keep looking at the Ballet Beautiful (not sure that's them) the ones by Mary Helen Bowers? They look enticing and people seem to like her. I also do a lot of Hamelin workouts on YouTube.
Old 07-28-15, 07:07 AM  
cfwb

1. What are your goals? I am so out of shape, and have fallen off the workout bandwagon so far that my short-term goal is simply to try to move every day. Long-term, I have strength and stamina and cardio-vascular health at the top of my list.

2. What is your body type? I am a pear who (at least in the past) could gain and lose weight pretty quickly, depending on what else was going on in my life.

3. What have you been focusing on? I don't really have a focus beyond doing anything. This morning, I did a half hour "Weed Max" workout. This will most likely be my focus for the next week or more, since this summer's weather has been great for weeds.

4. What are you planning for the Fall? I need to see how successful my "do something" method is before I tackle the next step.[/I]

5. If you had a free gift DVD or 2 - what would they be? or 1 System? I've been lusting after 21 Day Fix lately, but see it as a reward for when my "do something" focus gets me a bit more fit than I currently am.
cfwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 07:15 AM  
Kitten

1. What are your goals? To build muscle.

2. What is your body type? I can never figure this out. Ruler I think?!?

3. What have you been focusing on? Do you mean body part or workout type? Body part would be arms, workout type is heavy weight, low rep.

4. What are you planning for the Fall? Good question. I'll probably switch to doing Jari or Hard Body Yoga a few times a week with some pilates tossed in for fun.

5. If you had a free gift DVD or 2 - what would they be? or 1 System? Body Beast!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 07:32 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

1. What are your goals - the impossible duo, muscle building and fat loss

2. What is your body type - ruler with boobs

3. What have you been focusing on - heavy weights. I'm in the doldrums right now because of the heat/humidity and houseguests taking over my workout area, so I'm squeezing in what I can, when I can, for the next couple of weeks. Not much weights work since my dumbbells and barbells are relegated to a closet!

4. What are you planning for the Fall - an 8-10 week rotation, maybe Cathe XTrain with some heavy Body Beast workouts thrown in

5. If you had a free gift DVD or 2 - what would they be? or 1 System? - streaming! Sometime this fall DH will get me wired up.
Old 07-28-15, 07:38 AM  
Kitten

Hahaha Alison, I got boobs, too.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 07:44 AM  
little bird

Quote:
the impossible duo, muscle building and fat loss
Allison,
Why do you think this is impossible. This is what I am currently doing.
Old 07-28-15, 07:50 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bird View Post
Allison,
Why do you think this is impossible. This is what I am currently doing.
Tricky for me: muscle building = calorie surplus, fat loss = calorie deficit UNLESS I'm incredibly detailed with my eating and I haven't had the energy or focus (or working kitchen, until recently) to get compulsive like that. I usually focus on one - the first half of the year has been heavy weights lifted to failure - then I try to maintain my strength gains but up the cardio. Since I'm 50 and in some weird perimenopause right now, the exact combination of fuel and workouts is eluding me.
Old 07-28-15, 07:52 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Great question. I'm always interested in what has everyone else excited.....

1. What are your goals? The usual, lose weight and tone up.

2. What is your body type? Apple

3. What have you been focusing on? I'm starting week 3 of JNL Fusion. The workouts are straight forward and short which I love. I waited until the price dropped and now I'm loving them.....

4. What are you planning for the Fall? I am a rotations girl. It's the only way that I stay consistent. So, I'll be keeping an eye out for what's new.

5. If you had a free gift DVD or 2 - what would they be? or 1 System? Hammer & Chisel!!!!

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 07:53 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

1. What are your goals? Build muscle via strength training, while I use my diet to burn fat. You can't exercise away a bad diet.

2. What is your body type? I'm 5'2" and don't build muscle easily. I am toning up, though.

3. What have you been focusing on? I've been doing 99% Firm 5-6 times/week since mid-March. I alternate heavy and light weights by the day. I throw in a Cathe or Jari Love every 2-3 weeks

4. What are you planning for the Fall? No change.

5. If you had a free gift DVD or 2 - what would they be? or 1 System? I really don't need/want anything at the moment.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals