Old 02-20-15, 12:26 PM  
Yelly

Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 12:56 PM  
Yelly

Old 02-20-15, 01:27 PM  
PennyK

I just want to say how much i admire everyone that has replied as i have always had a difficult time talking to anyone about these sort of things!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 01:47 PM  
Yelly

Old 02-20-15, 02:46 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

This has been an issue for me also. I would welcome a check-in.
Old 02-21-15, 06:12 AM  
KathyC

I would love a check-in also. I have struggled with depression for at least half of my life, and I am now 58. I am struggling now as I am getting through the worst part of the year. Not only is it cold and dreary, but my oldest child passed away in February back in 1989. So each year as the date approaches I begin to dread it, and then the day itself (the 19th) is so sad and filled with memories of that horrible day I barely get through it. But depression dogged me well before that, and at one point I was suicidal and nearly took my own life. Thankfully, I was snapped out of it and went into a hospital with a psych ward and that helped some. It showed me that I did need to have help sorting it all out so for a lot of years I went to counselors, especially after my daughter's death. I go through phases of dealing with it, and I don't think I know of any time that I really felt free of it. But I don't go to anyone now, and I would really love to have a place to go to share some of my pain, and also some of my coping strategies that have worked for me.

This little video was at the top of my facebook feed this morning and I thought it described depression aptly. My only complaint would be referring to it as a dog (I love my little dog, who is suffering from heart disease and will leave us at any time) but I understand it so I can forgive it. I even referred to depression "dogging" me earlier so it does fit. Anyway, here you go:
http://themindunleashed.org/2015/02/...hed-light.html

Thanks, Yelly, for thinking about a check-in. I'm not good about check-ins generally, but I would definitely participate, if only sporadically.

Kathy
KathyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check-in, checkin, depression, motivation