Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-15, 07:46 PM  
Yelly

Would anyone be interested in a check-in for depression??

Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 08:27 PM  
Piper
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

Awesome idea!!!!

"Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week."
-Spanish Proverb

"You are what you repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Current Rotation:
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 08:30 PM  
casey

Yelly you are such a sweetheart Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 09:37 PM  
momof10

Yelly, I agree with Casey. You are such a sweetheart and even with you going through a depression, you are an uplifting and caring person. 😀😊

You made the statement that your brain is demanding all your attention at this time. I have to say that I kind of a similar feeling yesterday. I did workout, but just couldn't do the Tonique I had chosen to do. I just couldn't face it, so I did some step. Anyways, after I showered I told my DH that my mind didn't feel very good. He looked at me and laughed, like he was saying "Really, how can your mind not feel good?" I tried to explain to him that my mind just didn't feel quite right and I had to over think everything I was doing and I needed to give it a break. He still thought I was kind of nutty to say that. Today, my mind is doing okay. Is that kind of how you feel at times? I am sure is must be much worse than I experienced, but I thought of you a lot yesterday.

I think a check in for depression would be an awesome idea and quite helpful for others who may be experiencing the same thing. I hope you still check in with us, but if you aren't up to it, we will understand and just know that we will be there for you.

Cheryl
Old 02-19-15, 09:51 PM  
cpcathy

I've been going through some depression, it's not usually like me, so instead of coming home and exercising, I go take a nap. I think a checkin would help get me more motivated.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 10:28 PM  
buttons11

"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons

Last edited by buttons11; 02-19-15 at 11:00 PM. Reason: just thought of a suggestion for a name...
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 10:52 PM  
Yelly

Old 02-19-15, 10:57 PM  
Yelly

Old 02-19-15, 11:00 PM  
Yelly

Old 02-19-15, 11:23 PM  
buttons11

"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check-in, checkin, depression, motivation