Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-14, 02:17 PM  
laurajhawk

My shoulder has been bothering me; I need to rest it or at least save it for my vinyasa yoga classes (took a week off of those but want to get back to them next week). So I'm thinking rebounding and some kundalini yoga, and the yoga classes, and dogs walks as often as the weather permits. I would like to get back to weights, but I want the shoulder near 100% before I do that, so that might be January's plan.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 02:59 PM  
mbcatac7

Going to try Suzanne Bowen holiday rotation. She had a special of $1.99 for a month of her online streaming etc. I have never done her. Looking forward to something new.
Old 11-29-14, 03:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I haven't exercised in about 5 weeks, so my goal is to exercise. I'll figure out the details this weekend. I will probably aim for 4 days a week to start.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 04:00 PM  
Cybersparkle

For the first time since 2008, I have seen significant inch loss over an extended time period (@2 1/2 months). It feels great & came from changing my diet (a lot less carbs & sugar, no snacking & less processed foods).

I really dont want to gain anything after finally making some progress - so December is about maintaining with all the tasty holiday temptations. I did good for Thanksgiving & plan to freeze the left overs & eat a treat once or twice a week til they are gone.

As far as workouts go, gonna be sticking to KY yoga (Raviana, Maya Fiennes) Ellen, Leslie and my independent stretch/quiet time. I miss Bellyfit & want to do them at least 2x in December.
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 11:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts!

It seems like sometimes we get focused on January (NEW YEAR, NEW YOU!!!) and let December fall by the wayside.

I'm thinking of making December a sort of "spa" month. I could put together a rotation of gentler workouts and add meditation, massages and girly pampering things.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 11:32 AM  
mjs2052

I've been doing barre consistently since April and I am loving the results I am getting, so for December I plan to continue with barre and add in some daily yoga.

Melissa
mjs2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 01:00 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

My goal is also consistency. November was a rough month for me. I exercise in the morning before work, and the time change really got to me. Then I had vacation, which also involved waking up super early every day, and no sleep on the flights. I have been walking around like a zombie all month!

I usually start off strong on Monday and Tuesday, but then slack off by mid-week. My goal is to exercise on at least one day Wednesday-Friday. I will mostly use shorter Kettlebell workouts and Horizontal Conditioning.

I enjoyed reading everyone's posts!

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 03:55 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts!

It seems like sometimes we get focused on January (NEW YEAR, NEW YOU!!!) and let December fall by the wayside.

I'm thinking of making December a sort of "spa" month. I could put together a rotation of gentler workouts and add meditation, massages and girly pampering things.

This sounds like a lovely idea!! Last December I did a lot of Yoga Booty Ballet and it was fun and uplifting!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 04:11 PM  
cherimac

SBF Holiday Challenge. Yep, I'm boring but if it works I'll keep doing it!
Old 11-30-14, 04:41 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2052 View Post
I've been doing barre consistently since April and I am loving the results I am getting, so for December I plan to continue with barre and add in some daily yoga.
What barre workouts have you been focusing on, and what results are you seeing? I miss the live PB classes I took earlier this year and I'm planning a buti/barre month....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals