Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-14, 09:05 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Alison - I'm glad your DH is home - I hope he is feeling well and making a good recovery - also hope you and your family are hanging in there as well. Hugs and Prayers!
Thank you, Donna!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 09:15 AM  
ladyveg

I want to work out at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week, for the next 6 weeks. After that I will reconsider my goals and see how I'm feeling about my activity level. I want to lose 46 lbs by the end of May 2015.
ladyveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 09:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

Dana - did Suzanne post her December calendar yet? I'm actually half thinking about it - if the workouts are shorter I may not end up being incapacitated by them!

Donna
Not yet as of this morning. I'm looking forward to see what she comes up with. I just finished 2 of her streaming workouts - total 60minutes, and my body is shaking!
Old 11-29-14, 10:03 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

20 min workouts or those that tell me I am strong.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 10:42 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I never do anything new in December. I just try and get through the month by doing things I know I can handle. I don't want to feel sore or over trained. I will continue alternating cardio and weights. When January comes, I'll do something else.
Old 11-29-14, 11:21 AM  
lingo10

Try to hurry and finish Tapout XT. Want to buy Insanity Max 30 and start that. Plus add in some Ballet Beautiful workouts and Physique 57.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 12:41 PM  
bzbnmom

My plan for December is Ripped with HiiT, with a shimmering sprinkle of other new workouts thrown in. I'm planning on hitting it hard and keeping energized and happy. And I'm hoping to lose a pound or two by January, hahaha, but I'll be happy to maintain and not gain.
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 12:42 PM  
TinierTina

The same as previous, with a big exceptions (so very low rotations) as to what had hurt my knee joints too much (cardio bhangra belly dance fusion) and too much impact {despite re-attraction to moldy old school} ... and, in general throwing it at the wall and seeing what sticks ...

Unfortunately, this will have (and already has) traded the look I'd gotten from the cardio bhangra belly dance fusion [great sub for shoulder pads--Vee-shaped torso, however short my torso is], involves now, a bit more light weight muscle endurance training, and slow flow yoga again; but at least it had combated other, devastating health syndromes ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 01:03 PM  
bubbles76

My fitness plans and goals for December:
  • To get back to doing morning workouts consistently. Lately, I have either been breaking up the workouts, or doing them in the evenings. That has not been so good for me because (1) I usually have too much to do in the evening, and (2) there is too much of a temptation to skip workouts all together. Unless it's a yoga practice before bed, I am going to get up earlier to workout.
  • To continue to listen to my body. It is very hard for me to miss working out, as I feel so guilty when I do. However, when the body needs rest, it needs rest.
  • To try to squeeze in at least a 20 minute yoga workout in the evening.
  • To cut down on added sugar. Starting with the added sugar in my tea

As for specific workouts I will be doing Cathe's December 2013 Timesaver rotation to round out the year.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 01:14 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Fe Fit. Fe Fit is so pastel pink & girly & barre-ish & 180 degrees away from what I usually do -- weights, kettlebells, metabolic stuff -- that I hope I like it. I'm going through a life transition, along with the holidays, and just can't deal with Cathe/Tonique/Hiit workouts or dragging out tons of equipment this month.

My husband and I have fallen madly in love with a new yoga studio which mixes power yoga with kettlebells. We'll probably take classes there throughout December, too.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals