Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-14, 04:23 PM  
marya

Love this thread--thanks for starting it, VVF'er!

I plan to devote December mainly to bellydance workouts and hatha yoga. Flexibility and joint mobility are of increasing concern to me, and I want to determine which workouts or combination of workouts will be most effective.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 04:39 PM  
TinaS

I've had really good results this past month doing mostly circuit workouts and Tonique, so I'm planning on continuing on with that. I need to focus on fat buring workouts esp with all the holiday goodies. I'm also waiting on the new Cathe's, so I'll do a few of the new workouts, but I'm not going to be doing any strength training for a while.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 05:15 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 06:13 PM  
andtckrtoo

I'm so rotationally challenged, yet I know that I need one to help make a difference. I just put together a Combat rotation with the weight work of UFC Fit. I might be able to stick to this for 4 weeks. MIGHT... *sigh*
Old 11-28-14, 06:54 PM  
Demeris

Walking outside--I mean really walking, not just going out to take care of the animals or work in the garden (although that takes lots of walking). My sister in law just came over and told me her fitness goals (far more serious than mine), so I agreed to walk with her several miles several times each week. The weather here is too wonderful not to take advantage of--it got up to 78 degrees, today.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 07:51 PM  
buffmama

I'm getting Beasty and enjoying every minute. I have about 2 more months to go. Adding in some cardio and pilates to make sure I feel good.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 08:48 PM  
donnamp

I'm either going to follow Jessica Smith's December rotation plus Exhale Core Fusion plus walking

-or-

Some sort of combo of The Daniel Plan basic workouts (which a lovely friend in fitness sent to me) plus Body Gospel, PowerFit, and Project You.

Jessica's rotation is going to be e-mailed tomorrow, so I will see what it looks like and then decide! since it was going to be short workouts 20 min or less, I thought it would be a good time to also break out the Exhale Core Fusion 30 day sculpt and also add on a min of 20 min of walking each day.

Alison - I'm glad your DH is home - I hope he is feeling well and making a good recovery - also hope you and your family are hanging in there as well. Hugs and Prayers!

Lori - I'm a big fan of Margaret's also - one of my favorite combos is to mix MR w/ Classical Stretch and some moderate cardio.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 09:11 PM  
Jeanne Marie

More of the same...

My goal for 2014 was to run at least 1000 miles total. I'm already over 1200, so that goal is already met. Since I run over 100 miles a month, I'll be right at 1300 at the end of the year hopefully.

I will continue to do strength DVDs at home, and interval classes at my local fitness facility every day. Sometimes I do 2 classes a day. Love, love them! I've seen more definition and muscle gain than ever before.
Old 11-28-14, 09:25 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Thanks for this thread!! A couple of weeks ago, my body started asking for more yoga. And I got to thinking, well, what would happen if I actually DID the Ultimate Yogi rotation as designed?? Would these aches and pains that have crept in go away? Would I feel awesome again like I used to when I did way more yoga than I have been doing lately?

I don't do rotations, just kind of pick and choose what sings to me on any given day, but gosh, what if I actually committed to something?

So I started, and I got to day three, and I came down with some horrible flu thing that has knocked me on my back. Seriously. And now I'm even MORE leaning towards an UY rotation when I do resume my workouts. Which will hopefully be any day now. Any. Day. NOW. Being sick sucks. So I think that's what I want December and into the new year to be about...me being nice to me and my body and doing lots of yoga and seeing what happens
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 10:07 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I'm thinking I'll probably do the Firm Zip Trainer since I'll be getting it next week in the mail. I might throw in some FE again too since they're short but have worked well for me in the past. On days I don't feel like working out or don't have the time to get sweaty and shower etc. I'll do a quick Leslie walk, maybe 2-3x split up over a day.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals