Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-07-14, 10:05 AM  
horsemom2

I have been replacing the audio on just about every routine I do.
Much prefer working out to simple to follow moves without cuing and pumping music.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 10:28 AM  
TinierTina

So could you do this Video of the Championship Mash-up to Tesla Boy? Sheer Artistry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I have been replacing the audio on just about every routine I do.
Much prefer working out to simple to follow moves without cuing and pumping music.
horsemom2, this is a different (and really creative, imho) mashup I also watched ... 1988 Aerobics Championship sync'ed to Tesla Boy's Spirit of the Night ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESJ1j...ature=youtu.be
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 12:27 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Gin Miller shared this on FB this morning. I love everything about it!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 04:11 PM  
spotted zebra

Unfortunately Thomas Jung's version (my first link) isn't accessible anymore. I've seen a few versions to Shake it Off and his was the funniest.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 07:04 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Unfortunately Thomas Jung's version (my first link) isn't accessible anymore. I've seen a few versions to Shake it Off and his was the funniest.
It's still embedded in this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6116400.html
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 07:17 PM  
pricek

LOVE IT!!!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 10:40 PM  
spotted zebra

Huffington Post keeps re-linking to the wrong video clip - someone's imitation that just took existing film and tacked on the song without matching visuals to the lyrics. The original is back (3:45 in length) and it's the one that went viral:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVqBS8TDjN0
Old 11-07-14, 10:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Love it! Brings back memories of "The 20 Minute Workout".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md0VH5Oh2ng

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 10:42 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Love it! Brings back memories of "The 20 Minute Workout".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md0VH5Oh2ng
I was thinking it kind of reminded me of that show too. Normally it wasn't a show I followed, but I remember tuning in one time. I still remember what one of the instructors said prior to the workout. "Last night I was SOO bad, I ate THREE SLICES of pizza for dinner!!" (So she apparently needed to do that day's workout more than ever). And I remember thinking, she's beating herself up over 3 slices of pizza?? And how weird it would have been to hear a man say those same words. The next night or maybe that same night my cousin called to say she and her boyfriend had broken up. And she was so depressed she'd eaten a whole bucket of ice cream and an entire pizza, and could I please come over and distract her so she wouldn't start on the 2nd tub of ice cream. And I remember thinking, ok that sure beats three slices of pizza. So that's my main memory along with the weird camera angles and shots guaranteed to make many men faithful viewers.
Old 11-08-14, 11:41 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I was thinking it kind of reminded me of that show too. Normally it wasn't a show I followed, but I remember tuning in one time. I still remember what one of the instructors said prior to the workout. "Last night I was SOO bad, I ate THREE SLICES of pizza for dinner!!" (So she apparently needed to do that day's workout more than ever). And I remember thinking, she's beating herself up over 3 slices of pizza?? And how weird it would have been to hear a man say those same words. The next night or maybe that same night my cousin called to say she and her boyfriend had broken up. And she was so depressed she'd eaten a whole bucket of ice cream and an entire pizza, and could I please come over and distract her so she wouldn't start on the 2nd tub of ice cream. And I remember thinking, ok that sure beats three slices of pizza. So that's my main memory along with the weird camera angles and shots guaranteed to make many men faithful viewers.
Great story, I hope your cousin recovered from her break up! I can't see beating myself up over three slices of pizza either, lol. And I agree that the camera angles were definitely geared towards gaining an armchair male audience! If they actually worked out along with the show, they might miss something!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1980s video clips, 80's aerobics, aerobics, funny clips, humor, nac, national aerobics