Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-14, 09:07 AM  
Cher

Anyone see Marie Osmond on QVC this morning?

Anyone see Marie Osmond on QVC this morning? She was advertising something called the BodyGym? It's sort of like a band with a bar on it. Just curious if anyone heard of it or tried it. Any thoughts?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 09:46 AM  
katmom

Lifeline Fitness had the same product called the Bobby Hinds Portable Gym. I think mine is tucked away in a closet. I used it only when traveling.
Old 09-07-14, 10:16 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Here's the Marie Osmond QVC presentation of the Body Gym. The reviews aren't that great though; say it's awkward to use.

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores....001?$uslarge$
Old 09-07-14, 12:41 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Here's the Marie Osmond QVC presentation of the Body Gym. The reviews aren't that great though; say it's awkward to use.

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores....001?$uslarge$
I saw those reviews, and I wondered if the reviewers were regular exercisers or people new to or sporadic with fitness equipment.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 12:56 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hmmm, it looks similar to Mari Windsor's pilates accelerator (don't know if it's actually hers, but she has a bunch of videos with it), but that thing gets bad reviews about breaking soon. This one does not seem quite as versatile, or maybe they just didn't do a good job of showing it -- I did skip through the QVC video, but it seems like the exercisers mostly did upper body exercises, whereas the pilates accelerator seems really good for core and lower body work, too.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 01:34 PM  
Susan

That is almost exactly the same thing that Greer Childers used to sell as the GymBar as part of one of her BodyFlex programs.

The GymBar was actually decent, but the Tony Little Easy Shaper Pro (sold at HSN.com for $39.95 with free shipping) is much better, and it comes with 5 workouts, as well.
Old 09-07-14, 01:35 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
That is almost exactly the same thing that Greer Childers used to sell as the GymBar as part of one of her BodyFlex programs.

The GymBar was actually decent, but the Tony Little Easy Shaper Pro (sold at HSN.com) is much better, and it comes with 5 workouts, as well.
Yes, it is similar to the GymBar except it didn't have those loops at the end. I actually found mine in my closet recently.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 02:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I think at one time Mindy Mylrea promoted something like this, too! I had one and it was sort of lame. I don't think it had the foot loops, though. You just stood on the covered cord and the tension was provided by how many times you rolled the thing up (shortening the cord.)

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 03:02 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Hmmm, it looks similar to Mari Windsor's pilates accelerator (don't know if it's actually hers, but she has a bunch of videos with it), but that thing gets bad reviews about breaking soon. This one does not seem quite as versatile, or maybe they just didn't do a good job of showing it -- I did skip through the QVC video, but it seems like the exercisers mostly did upper body exercises, whereas the pilates accelerator seems really good for core and lower body work, too.
Which one breaks soon? The Winsor Accelerator? I recently discovered that set, which is discontinued (unfortunatelly), and I thought it looked very versatile and fun to use, my Canadian Tire carry a Pilates Multi-Gym, that althought looks similar is not as versatile.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 03:21 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have something like this with a Lifeline band that I bought a few years back.

I have used the band and door hook, but never the stiffening bar. Never appealed to me because there was no video. I think it will be going to Goodwill.

I also don't have a good place in my house to hook up a band. I tried the heaviest door in my house and damaged the hinges. Won't do that again.

Tags
bodygym, ez shaper pro, marie osmond, pilates bar