Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-14, 08:17 PM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Susan-I am so very sorry for what you went through.

Hugs,
Sherry
Thanks, Sherry. It has been very difficult for my children and me. I felt like I was punched in the stomach when I heard about Robin. Alan and I would have been married 30 years yesterday. To see someone decline with addiction is very hard to watch.
Old 08-11-14, 08:18 PM  
andtckrtoo

I got back from whale watching with my daughter to this news. I was hoping it was a mistake. So hoping. I think President Obama captured how I feel the best:

Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most – from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets. The Obama family offers our condolences to Robin’s family, his friends, and everyone who found their voice and their verse thanks to Robin Williams.
Old 08-11-14, 08:38 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Susan, so sorry for your loss.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 08:40 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzo View Post
He was beloved in my generation (90's kid) for his voice work and films like Jumanji and Mrs. Doubtfire. This is such sad news! RIP.
And my generation (70's kid). One of my very earliest memories as a young child is watching Mork and Mindy. Dead Poets Society had a big impact on me in high school.

Often, the "grief" over many celebrity deaths seems to consist of token condolences made for show. People, across so many age groups, seem to be truly sad and personally touched by Robin William's death.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 08:47 PM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Susan, so sorry for your loss.
Thank you. Robin Williams was one of our favorite actors.
Old 08-11-14, 09:05 PM  
cherimac

Susan, I'm so sorry. Prayers and hugs to you.
Old 08-11-14, 09:13 PM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Susan, I'm so sorry. Prayers and hugs to you.
Thank you. I did not mean to take away from Robin Williams death today. It just struck so close to home that I was shocked when I heard the news. Alan and I went and saw "Good Morning Vietnam" when it first came out and loved it.
Old 08-11-14, 09:21 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

When I read that he battled depression, I had flashbacks. I suffered with depression for years. I remember sitting down and narrowing down how I was going to take my life. I had decided on taking pills so that my children could look into the casket and see me as they knew me in life. It is a bad bad thing to go through. The pain you are in is excruciating and you just want to relieve yourself from it in whatever way. I know how terrible it is. I used to say suicide is the coward's way out until I found myself writing farewell letters to my family. May his soul now rest in peace because I know he had none in life. It angers me when people say depression is just someone having a bad day. Just flipping clueless!!! If I could eradicate one thing on this Earth, it would be that. Wow RIP Robin!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 10:31 PM  
BARB EL

Rip

Mrs Doubtfire was one of my favorite movies of all time
BARB EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 10:38 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
May his soul now rest in peace because I know he had none in life. It angers me when people say depression is just someone having a bad day. Just flipping clueless!!! If I could eradicate one thing on this Earth, it would be that. Wow. RIP Robin!
Yes, I agree, clueless..... Such sad news ...
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depression, mental illness