Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-13, 09:02 PM  
lotusgirl

Kettlebells. Bought them new when recovering from a shoulder injury and never used them because my shoulder injury has never healed 100%. At least I sold them for what I paid.
Old 12-20-13, 10:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Usia, what a lovely avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoll View Post
Pull up bar that hangs on a door frame... Plus I mostly workout in my bonus room where there is no door frame.
Same here.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 10:18 PM  
BunnyHop

Oddly enough, for me, the cheaper impulse buys bring more regret.

I've got lots of tubing and resistance bands, but only use a few bits of it. The rest are all the wrong size or weight.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 10:28 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Oddly enough, for me, the cheaper impulse buys bring more regret.
I agree you totally, most of the things I bought because they were cheaper are collecting dust. And I soon realized that I really didn't need them at all.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 07:25 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Usia, what a lovely avatar!
Thank you!
Old 12-21-13, 09:17 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Hate to say it but my kettlebells. I have a 5, 7, 10 and 15 pounder. I really wish I wouldn't have bought the 5 pounder but it has been useful as a door stop.

I will use them at some point, at least I got a few of them on sale. I only have Sarah Lurie's 4 DVD set which is enough, glad I didn't invest more in DVDs because I just haven't used them like I thought I would, but I will.

While I used it for a while, I have no use for my barbell anymore, it's just taking up valuable space in my closet. I wouldn't call it a waste of money because I used it quite a bit for a while but I have no use for it now. I would just rather use my dumbells than haul that thing out.

I haven't used my Firewalker bands much but I am going to try one of Jessica Smith's lower body band workouts so they will get used. They don't take up that much room though so I don't worry too much. Same with my other bands and weighted gloves.

The biggest waste of money prize goes to my slanted risers, I think I have used them once. I think I used a gift card for them but still. I thought they would be a good replacement for my Transfirmer which I had to get rid of before I moved a few years ago, didn't pan out that way.

On the other hand pieces of equipment that I got the most use out of dumbells, ankle weights, high and club step, and to a lesser extent my small weighted balls and stability ball.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 09:27 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Pushup handlebars.

Medicine balls. Bought them for one of the Cathe series (Intensity?) and never use them. Fortunately they store easily on my dumbbell rack.

Kettlebells. I only have two, 10# and 12", but the KB workout bug hasn't bitten me yet. I have Skogg and others and I'm just not intrigued.
Old 12-21-13, 09:29 AM  
cherimac

I bought a gently used Bosu. Used it a handful of times and then sold it later on. Ditto with the Fluidity bar I got from Craigslist. I was able to sell it back the same way with only about $10 lost.
Old 12-21-13, 09:45 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

My treadmill.

I used it for a little while for walking and dabbled in running on it (killed my ankles and knees). Then it just sat there. It was in the way, taking up valuable workout space. So I made DH take it down to the basement. Then a year later, I got it in my head I would use it more after I bought my Fitbit One so I made him haul it back up to my workout room (aka my bedroom). Then it sat there again for months, unused. Then...you guessed it...I meekly asked him to take it back downstairs again. No way I can ever ask him to bring it back up. That thing is heavy!
Old 12-21-13, 10:19 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Rebounder
Bosu
Little weighted balls
Jump rope

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body blade, bodyblade, equipment gathering dust, fitness equipment, fitness gears barely used, rock n roll stepper