Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-13, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

thanks, Sherry! I will check these out - may be a better place to start for me than w/ Ravi Ana!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 08:09 AM  
sherry7899

You're very welcome! I hope you can find practices to do without back pain-hugs!!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 08:18 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
It's hard to decide how to start the New Year. I'm thinking about starting Cosgrove's Drop 2 Sizes rotation. With a few injuries to work around, anything I do will have to be heavily modified.

I also want to start doing more meditation. It always makes me feel better, but I get really lazy and..........

So, what are your big plans for fitness, health and wellness in 2014?
I was thinking about this very thing recently. Mine is at least 45 minutes of yoga (I'm aiming for an hour) at least 5 days a week. Shorter practices are great, but I have come to realize that for me they are not enough.

I too have some weaknesses and injury-prone areas so I'll definitely modify when needed.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 08:29 AM  
Rhonda

For me, hoping to stay off bandwagons and do workouts I have at home. I need to figure out which ones to keep and what to trade away.

I would like to start the year out with a KCM rotation. For some reason this week I have clicked with her workouts. I usually do the premixes on her 30 minute ones as I like working for 45-60 minutes.

Each month we will see how I feel. I also am getting the urge to do some FIRMS but we will see.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 08:37 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I want/need to put more focus on strength. I've really slacked off on that. I don't even mean building visible muscle - although I'd love that. I need to be able to actually lift things again. I can tell my strength has really waned. I love my Ellen and Jessica workouts with their 2-3 pounds, but I need a solid plan using Jari, Firm, Cathe - whatever!

That, and staying off the sugar. I can really tell the difference in my face and in how I feel when I eat sugar. Plus, it ages your skin!
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 08:38 AM  
Dabbadooey

I need to lose some serious weight. It's starting to cause some health concerns. I want to get back to a lot of walking both indoors with Leslie and outside. That works better for me than anything. Also I need to be be more consistent in my yoga practice. I would also like to complete my yoga advanced studies certificate in 2014.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 09:46 AM  
pharma_gal

My main goal is to stay off bandwagons and not purchase new. I need to concentrate on the DVD's I already have and stick to a plan. My mind wanders too much..I know when I stick to a few workouts for a few weeks I get much better results. But I dont...so thats what I need to do...Gotta lose 20-30 pounds.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 10:03 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I have a few things I'd like to accomplish in 2014 in this order of importance to me:

1) Lose the 15-20 lbs. that I've gained during menopause by eating better
2) Complete a "classic" P90X3 rotation (do-able since they are 30 minutes)
3) Complete a "Lean Beast" rotation and not give up when I "bulk" (I know alot of you love that term, lol)
3) Run (4) long distance races (slacked here, only did 2 in 2013)

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 10:19 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

My main goal for 2014 is to ease the chronic pain in my lower back. It flared up 4-6 weeks ago (stress-related) and though I'm doing my best to manage the stress, the pain is constant. My Pilates teacher wants me to try shorter sessions and mixing up my workouts. When I work out, I usually do 50-60 minutes of weights, cardio, metabolic work or yoga; he wants me to try doing 15 minutes of two of them, then knock off for the day. I'm willing to give it a try.

Secondary goal is weight loss. Consistent workouts and a little more attention to my food will get off the 10 pounds I want to drop.
Old 12-20-13, 11:26 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Oh, in addition to strength, I need to work on my flexibility.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, goals, new year goals