Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-13, 03:50 PM  
marmact

I have never gone shopping on Black Friday (except online). I don't understand the appeal of getting up in the middle of the night and fighting crowds of angry people for--stuff. Some of my friends think this is fun and actually look forward to it. It takes all kinds, I guess.
Old 11-20-13, 03:57 PM  
sherry7899

I did it once over ten years ago and said I'd never do it again. This was before stores starting opening at midnight or whatever crazy time. I went to Caldor (so I"m dating myself) and the local mall. I didn't even find anything.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 04:17 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I did it once over ten years ago and said I'd never do it again. This was before stores starting opening at midnight or whatever crazy time. I went to Caldor (so I"m dating myself) and the local mall. I didn't even find anything.

Sherry
X2. Awful experience.
Old 11-20-13, 05:41 PM  
mtnmom

My XH (and yet another reason he's my X) would get upset with me because I would buy Christmas presents starting in October. Hey, if I saw something I thought a family or friend would like, I'd buy it. We had about 25 people to shop for. But he thought shopping in the malls with all the decorations and music and hustle and bustle of holiday crowds was part of getting into the holiday spirit.

So I suggested if he really wanted that experience, we should shop on Black Friday. (Back then we just called it the Friday after Thanksgiving, but I digress.) It was a horrible experience. Stores were a disaster, people were irritable. We waited in some lines for over 45 minutes to check out.

He left the shopping up to me after that.

That was my only "Black Friday" experience, and it was to prove a point. I'm sure it's only gotten worse since then.
Old 11-25-13, 12:18 PM  
Bearybuff

Treadmill?

For those that bought their treadmills late December or early January as the article says, what kind of discount did you get? Dicks has $100 off my treadmill plus a free mat with no tax or shipping charges. It's a Sole F80. I'm torn as I want it now, lol!
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black friday, shopping, things to not buy